Yorkshireman Off Road Marathon

7 watchers
Sep 2012
8:06pm, 2 Sep 2012
3,145 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
After today's run on the LCW, I'll be happy to get round the ultra-half.

Think I may be eating a lot of broken biscuit to keep me going...
Sep 2012
8:29pm, 3 Sep 2012
10,052 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
I'll be biscuit sampling on the ultra half too ;)
Sep 2012
1:14pm, 4 Sep 2012
3,189 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Just a reminder that Charlie and KCAC crew normally insist on full kit for the race - just remembered I need to dig out hat and gloves (not needed them since 3P) and dig out my maps of the route as well. Compass and whistle live in my bumbag permanently!
Sep 2012
1:18pm, 4 Sep 2012
12,594 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Could someone please let me know if the relevant part of the OS map of the route could fit onto a sheet of A3? I'd rather mark and carry a photocopy than lug the whole OS map around. Gris references of top-left and bottom right would be lovely.

Cheers!
Sep 2012
1:22pm, 4 Sep 2012
3,191 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
DG - it's OL22 (South Pennines). Will dig out map and sort grid refs later this afternoon.

I photocopied the half route onto 2 different A4 pages and stuck them in a plastic envelope.
Sep 2012
1:23pm, 4 Sep 2012
3,192 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Sorry, OL21 (South Pennines) is the correct map. Me being stupid again.
Sep 2012
11:46pm, 4 Sep 2012
12,596 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I have OL21. I also have the grid references of the various checkpoints. However, I'm a geography teacher by training (along with a couple of other subjects) and I'm quite anal about OS maps - I don't like drawing on the original, or folding them the wrong way or anything like that! I'm also working some huge overtime this week (as I'm no longer a geography teacher!), so I can't sit down with the map before I get access to a colour photocopier.
I'll always listen to your advice about maps, Fozzy. I know for a fact that you know what you're doing.
Sep 2012
7:39am, 5 Sep 2012
1,183 posts
  •  
clairster
DeeGee - I will be making a pdf version of the route using my garmin trace from last year and the online mapping tool grough. it gives you the route printed onto the OS map..you and anyone else are welcome to it and if so, drop me an fmail with your email addy and i will send it on

yaya NSC, you doing the ultra half with FRU :)
Sep 2012
10:26am, 6 Sep 2012
1,185 posts
  •  
clairster
BOING :)
Sep 2012
12:51pm, 6 Sep 2012
4 posts
  •  
IM2010
Clairster - that sounds ideal!...did it before a few years ago but mainly just followed people and haven't got the map...

Never done a fmail, but will give it a go...fingers crossed..

About This Thread

Maintained by rf_fozzy
Right, might possibly be doing the full version this year after a couple of attempts at the Ultra-Ha...