Yorkshireman Half Marathon

13 watchers
PJL
Sep 2008
9:45pm, 16 Sep 2008
317 posts
  •  
PJL
You're not the only one not on the results list Kev, I've just emailed Charlie on link on this page:
kcac.co.uk
I'm beginning to wonder if I imagined the whole thing, as I can't find myself in any photos either.

Been away with work for a couple of days, so yet to read back through the thread properly.
Sep 2008
9:49pm, 16 Sep 2008
1,103 posts
  •  
Laura27
Not sure you can imagine the yorkshireman PJL !LOL
Sep 2008
9:50pm, 16 Sep 2008
1,706 posts
  •  
Treacle
Dream or nightmare?

It definitely happened - my ankles are telling me it did

:-)
Sep 2008
12:07am, 17 Sep 2008
677 posts
  •  
swittle
Well. I know digital photography and Photoshop can make the impossible appear possible but only the most unfeeling of hoaxers could convince me that I had not had the complete, unexpurgated 'Yorkshireman' experience last Sunday! Lethargy, poor concentration, constant discomfort, and an irresistible desire to recount my experiences to any and every unsuspecting soul at work are my Haworth legacy.
Sep 2008
5:36am, 17 Sep 2008
453 posts
  •  
Joking apart for a change.
I was thinking this was gonna be my last marathon but my performance was so abysmal (extremely bad to you Kev) that there`s no ways I can go out on that one.
So I think it will be Windy and Yorkie next year........just to prove a point to myself.....then I will limit my distance to about 10 milers.
PJL and Kev I am sorry you are not the list guys but now I can kid myself that there is a few missed of the full results list too and they were behind me.

Well the guys at the finish were getting a bit fed up by the time me and my mate got back......it`s not nice being asked "is there many behind you"
Swittle thanks for your condolences friend.
Sep 2008
8:40am, 17 Sep 2008
4,567 posts
  •  
Kev Scone
thanks for the link PJL, i've just emailed him too
you did great SM , you proved you are a total nutjob by completing the full course for chrissakes!!
Windermere will be a doddle for you!
Sep 2008
7:31pm, 17 Sep 2008
2,099 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
has Charlie got back to you Kev and PJL?

I emailed him to say thanks to him and the team and he emailed me back pretty quick
Sep 2008
12:18am, 18 Sep 2008
454 posts
  •  
NSC do you prefer my new image or would you like my helmet again?
Sep 2008
12:26am, 18 Sep 2008
455 posts
  •  
Swittle is my literary hero and I am all the richer for meeting him.
And I know this will embarrass him cos he is a humble man but I think any thread he graces is honoured and enriched by his sensitivity his vision and his intellect.
I am serious swittle I am not TTP.
You should have been around for WH Davies when he did his biogrophy you could have made it into a masterpiece.
The rest of you are crap like me.
Sep 2008
12:06pm, 18 Sep 2008
456 posts
  •  
I hope I haven`t just killed this thread.
I dint mean that last line .....it`s only me wot is crap....

About This Thread

Maintained by Dave A
A run round a wind farm followed by tea at Northernslowcoaches