northernslowcoach
Loads of Leeds ones have called off already including potternewton

:(
Feb 2020
6:45pm, 28 Feb 2020
20,791 posts
  •  
Meglet
Ah thanks for that, I have been to Potty yet and it was on a potential list.
Usually when the weather is too bad for cycling a park run is what I do.

Peco XC at Rounday has been cancelled on Sunday, ground not recovered from Ed Sheeran.
Mar 2020
8:42pm, 7 Mar 2020
2,044 posts
  •  
Minnie Mad
Storthes Hall, Huddersfield, is determined to be back on next week after we suffered damage to the course during Storm Dennis. There is still a lot of debris and small branches on the course and we are asking for volunteers to arrive at 8.00am and help us to kick or push as much of it as we can to the sides of the path. We can't do much about the gully that has opened up on one of the paths, but there is no longer water in it and we are asking for extra marshals and will put cones out along it so that runners go one side or the other.

Any Fetchies fancy a trip over that way on Saturday we could really use your help, and we'll put you down as a volunteer too.
Dec 2023
11:17am, 1 Dec 2023
11,624 posts
  •  
MazH
Just hitching onto this thread to ask for recommendations for the best parkrun local to the arena district in Leeds?

Preferably not a multilapper! lol!

Would be nice to say hello to fetchies
Dec 2023
11:53am, 1 Dec 2023
24,595 posts
  •  
richmachriatmas
Actual Leeds or the greater West Yorkshire area?
Dec 2023
12:11pm, 1 Dec 2023
24,596 posts
  •  
richmachriatmas
Woodhouse Moor would be the closest I think. nor hilly either, cannot vouch for usage by Fetchies though
Dec 2023
12:14pm, 1 Dec 2023
1,112 posts
  •  
Weath
Depends what "Local" to the arena means? On face value would I expect that limits you to either Woodhouse Moor, Armley or Potternewton.

All are multi-lappers. WM has large numbers, the other two smaller and probably more of a community 'feel'. From those 3, PN would be my preferred.

(I'm based in N.Notts but have done all the Leeds & surrounding are parkruns so feel free to take my comments with a pinch of salt).
Dec 2023
12:19pm, 1 Dec 2023
1,113 posts
  •  
Weath
Just as an aside - I don't recall any of them having particularly good facilities (toilet provisions, cafes etc.) in their immediate vicinities, although with WM being a stones through from the city centre this is likely to have a larger range of options.
Dec 2023
12:20pm, 1 Dec 2023
1,114 posts
  •  
Weath
^^ 'stones THROW' obs. Bloody autocorrect.
Dec 2023
1:06pm, 1 Dec 2023
15,454 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
There are some decent cafes near Woodhouse Moor, less so Potternewton.

About This Thread

Maintained by northernslowcoach
Hello

At the Yorkshire Christmas social at roundhay park last month it was mooted that it would b...