York or Chester...?

2 watchers
Apr 2018
3:25pm, 5 Apr 2018
5 posts
  •  
Markoid
I'm looking at an autumnal marathon - either Chester or York. Has anybody been fortunate enough to have ran both? To give me a view to which has the best potential for a fast time. My research is pointing to York as being a fast PR type course.
Apr 2018
3:58pm, 5 Apr 2018
1,236 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Not run York but have been told that it is exposed to the wind coming across from the East.

I have done Chester and can attest that it's a superb event with a fast route.

Not a scientific exercise but a very quick look at the race listings on here for last year suggest that similar numbers of Fetchies ran both - almost three times as many PBs at Chester compared to York.
Apr 2018
7:36pm, 5 Apr 2018
12,816 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
chester is rolling and with a tough hill at 24 miles...but its still a fast course where I ran my 3rd and 4th fastest marathons. The hill wouldnt be so bad if it wasnt for the timing of where it occurs. Not done york so cant compare, but I would recommend Chester. Fab race
Apr 2018
9:06pm, 5 Apr 2018
6 posts
  •  
Markoid
Many thanks for the replies.
Apr 2018
9:14pm, 5 Apr 2018
5,328 posts
  •  
Joe Hawk
Done both Chester for me
Apr 2018
9:15pm, 5 Apr 2018
18,180 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Chester

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I'm looking at an autumnal marathon - either Chester or York. Has anybody been fortunate enough...