Yoga Boot Camp

18 watchers
Feb 2016
6:52pm, 4 Feb 2016
671 posts
  •  
fraggle
Day 30 done!

Sharkie - I'm sure its one of those things that you don't notice the benefits of the yoga practice until you stop doing it :-(
Feb 2016
6:53pm, 4 Feb 2016
8,606 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Well done!

Do we keep quiet about Day 30 'til a few others have finished?
Feb 2016
7:00pm, 4 Feb 2016
20,520 posts
  •  
halfpint
Ooh that sounds cryptic. Do we reach a higher state of pure enlightenment? Or get a personal visit from Adriene herself?
Feb 2016
10:09pm, 4 Feb 2016
672 posts
  •  
fraggle
*my lips are sealed* :-)
Feb 2016
7:03am, 5 Feb 2016
20,522 posts
  •  
halfpint
I really need to get my sh*t together. I've been inexplicably tired and demotivated all week. When I get home from work it's all I can do to get a decent dinner together. I've gone into hibernation mode. I know that when I make myself do the yoga I never regret it but this week I have really struggled.
Feb 2016
7:23am, 5 Feb 2016
8,608 posts
  •  
Sharkie
We all have times like that, half pint. I could say 'if you want to do it enough you will,' but it's sometimes more complicated than that.

If you feel you WOULD like to grab that half hour or so, is there a strategy that would work for you? Perhaps set a time an hour before you expect to be in your bed? So say to yourself '9.30 (or 10pm or whatever) is yoga time!' Make a date. Or resolve to do it the minute you're home? There aren't many sessions that are longer than half an hour... And you could tell yourself you'd only do the first 25 mins of any long ones then skip to a 5 mins relax at the end?

No point in making it a rod for your back. It's only yoga.

You're a smart woman... I'm sure you can find a way to doit! Xxxx
Feb 2016
7:54am, 5 Feb 2016
20,525 posts
  •  
halfpint
I think this week I'm accepting I am in a shit place and allowing myself to wallow. I have had to deal with a tragic event in one of my schools this week and it's been emotionally draining. I will need to pull myself together and have a word over the weekend.

I think you are right about setting a time to do it. Otherwise the evening disappears and I've achieved nothing.
Feb 2016
8:14am, 5 Feb 2016
8,609 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Let yourself recharge then HP, it's hard to run on empty.

Perhaps a couple of yoga camps over the weekend?

Good luck and hope you feel restored.
Feb 2016
2:28pm, 5 Feb 2016
8,610 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Tried the 15 minute Sweaty Betty 'yoga flow' that MH posted, last night. Played it on my desktop Mac - I was on the floor obv - and couldn't quite see it enough, but it's useful - a lot of quite big stretches, more side then front planks - the front planks are more a move through thing.

Will try the runners one too - but that's a bit longer.
Feb 2016
8:16pm, 7 Feb 2016
8,627 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Do you think I'm cracking up...

I did Day One and Day Two of Adriene's original '30 days of Yoga' earlier this evening.

About This Thread

Maintained by DoricQuine
Yoga Camp is a 30 Day home bootcamp for your mind, your body and your soul.

http://yogacamp.pages...