yoga - dvd recommendations?

6 watchers
Jun 2011
5:46pm, 18 Jun 2011
66 posts
  •  
katief89
Right, having to take some time off due to over-use injury, and have been told swimming, cross-trainer and to do lots of stretching and some yoga. I'm normally a little scathing of yoga/pilates however as this is not the first time I've been told by a physio/gp to do it, I feel I should actually take their advice! Can anyone recommend any yoga dvds? I will get round to actually going to proper classes (as I know they're probably better for correcting posture etc) once I move home from uni/join the gym at home again, but that isn't going to happen fully over the next few weeks so need some way of getting it in!
Jun 2011
5:52pm, 18 Jun 2011
312 posts
  •  
SilentTim
Look on Amazon for Rodney Yee Power Yoga. All the reviews say it is too quick for beginners but if you're reasonably fit you should be able to do it. Its about 45 minutes and gives a good workout :-)
Jun 2011
5:57pm, 18 Jun 2011
7,783 posts
  •  
Girlie
I always liked the Barbara Currie ones as they are simple to follow and quite gentle for beginners.
Jun 2011
5:58pm, 18 Jun 2011
2,446 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
I just ordered Yoga for Runners from Amazon, but it's coming from America so hasn't arrived yet.

I have Cardio Yoga by Joanna something or other. That's not bad.
Jun 2011
5:59pm, 18 Jun 2011
2,447 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
amazon.co.uk
Jun 2011
5:59pm, 18 Jun 2011
29,785 posts
  •  
LorraineS
what about Ryan Giggs' one, seems to have given him lots of energy
Jun 2011
6:22pm, 18 Jun 2011
818 posts
  •  
susietwoshoes
Somewhere in all the sky channels there is one which has rather a lot of Yoga on it. If you've got sky you could check out the different styles, a sort of try before you buy.
Jun 2011
8:17pm, 18 Jun 2011
1,223 posts
  •  
Salty Dog
there's loads of yoga/pilates stuff you can download from itunes as podcasts for free. Cheap as no chips!
Jun 2011
9:20pm, 18 Jun 2011
39 posts
  •  
Julie T
I like the Barbara Currie ones too - apart from the weird stomach exercises in which she manages to make her stomach just about disappear - is very freaky to look at.
Jun 2011
5:46am, 19 Jun 2011
20 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
I like www.yogatoday.com - especially the classes by Adi (there is a "Yoga for runners" one as well as some other sporty classes). There is a free class each week, but sadly you now have to pay to download classes (though it isn't too much, about US$3 I think).
The classes taught by Neesa can be a bit weird (but maybe thats just me!)

About This Thread

Maintained by katief89
Right, having to take some time off due to over-use injury, and have been told swimming, cross-train...