Yarkiman Ultra HALF..... not that bloody full larky!

18 watchers
Sep 2011
7:06pm, 14 Sep 2011
5,006 posts
  •  
Laura27
sounds interesting FRU! *sends email* :-)
Sep 2011
9:51pm, 14 Sep 2011
14,242 posts
  •  
swittle
Hehe! Laura, you know me too well ;) Once I'm clear healthwise, I'd think very seriously about teaming up with stilldreaming and taking on the 26.2 :)
Sep 2011
11:39am, 15 Sep 2011
4,272 posts
  •  
flip
other way for me . im going to do the half plus next year . wonderful race . :-)
Sep 2011
1:38pm, 15 Sep 2011
9,999 posts
  •  
FRU (keep the faith)
As you know Laura I have actually enjoyed NOT doing a marathon this year, my trainings been alot better all round. Sunday helped me confidence wise, my running has been up and down in quality since 2007, but this year some stability and starting some hill rep work and different sessions have certainly helped. Another year of that would be excellent warming up for higher mileage runs in 2013, and next year will plan in some lakeland and Derby's fell running too :-)

Stilldreaming ran amazingly well.. I tried to keep up with you for a while but realised I would need to consider more training to get to your speed.

I would just love to see more improvement over teh next year

Flip.. I would love to have a go again one year at the mara, but we really did have a top time on the Ultra this year (even though we have run the half 4 times now, 5 for Mel, it's never the same but always enjoyable)
Sep 2011
6:12pm, 15 Sep 2011
34 posts
  •  
stilldreaming
FRU - You're far too kind ;-)

Swittle - I know that I'd have to do a lot more training to get round the full next year, but having done the half (and loving it!) this year, I know I want to have one more go at the full! Felt quite envious of RFR and his crew when they got back, exhausted and muddy, from the full marathon. Reckon this marathon running's a bit like childbirth ..... you say never again, then find yourself signing on the dotted line :-)
Sep 2011
6:33pm, 15 Sep 2011
14,249 posts
  •  
swittle
stilldreaming - yours was the right decision, and so was mine. 2012 is another year, and I'd like to improve my navigatioin around the Full course by running more recces after I've had the 'all clear' about my breathing.

Pleased you enjoyed the UltraHalf and the boost in confidence that went with it :) Finally, don't be surprised to find me lining up beside you in Sept. 2012 with 26.2 miles to go! :)

btw did you get fmail re HE?
Sep 2011
9:17pm, 15 Sep 2011
10,002 posts
  •  
FRU (keep the faith)
SD I am 100% you could do that marathon justice.

Switt as ever - can indeed "only get better" ;-)

Whatever the distance that race is a very important part of my race calendar :-)
Sep 2011
9:50pm, 15 Sep 2011
10,004 posts
  •  
FRU (keep the faith)
Oh and I found out entries for 2012 open in February :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Who's In?

I've just paid up for my entry today... I call this a "training" year! It may be th...