Yarkiman Ultra HALF..... not that bloody full larky!

18 watchers
Sep 2011
8:18pm, 11 Sep 2011
9,067 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
I'll be able to hear you from here :p
Sep 2011
9:12pm, 11 Sep 2011
1,605 posts
  •  
Anna Bomb
Great day out, can't believe how lucky we were with the weather
Sep 2011
9:21pm, 11 Sep 2011
9,090 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
Thank you Flip for the weather ;)
Glad you enjoyed it Anna :)
Sep 2011
9:31pm, 11 Sep 2011
19,330 posts
  •  
Dave A
Twas good fun. Did you enjoy the arse slap Anna?
Sep 2011
10:19pm, 11 Sep 2011
1,606 posts
  •  
Anna Bomb
Highlight of my day Dave
Sep 2011
9:58am, 12 Sep 2011
9,976 posts
  •  
FRU (keep the faith)
Wohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! What a top one this year.. loved it -even that bloody hellish Hovis climb at the end!

So chuffed with how we did!! And just wicked running it all with Northern and Laura.. there was some signing but with the wind it was hard to do it all in time as you could barely hear each other!

XB gutted your having probs as well.. you two better get thee sen's better for next year!

Really good to see you all as ever and meet a few new faces.

My sleep was interesting last night after the race and then the social I drove the 4.5hrs home, chinese and vino and we zonk'd about midnight.. BING awake, and WIDE awake at bloody 4am??!!! How does that work?!
Sep 2011
10:36am, 12 Sep 2011
3,591 posts
  •  
Lapsed Athlete
I really enjoyed myself yesterday even though I didn't get to finish the race or meet up with everyone in the pub afterwards.

I take a lot of positives from my run in that I did 27 miles and finished feeling reasonably fresh and with plenty of running in my legs so that bodes well for future races especially the Highland Fling next April which is my target race having done a leg of the relay earlier this year.

Thanks to Flip and Anna for the lift back to Leeds which enabled me to have a few pints in my locals before heading home for a bite to eat and some well earned kip.

ps I may not have finished the course but I reckon I have well and truly put the ghost to rest so although I will be back for another go next year it is because I enjoyed it so much this year not because I have something to prove to myself.

Well done one and all and for those that didn't make it through injury ... heal fast ... heal well ... and we'll see you all next year :)
Sep 2011
11:03am, 12 Sep 2011
9,978 posts
  •  
FRU (keep the faith)
Well done LA, a good attitude to the work you put in yesterday of you ask me :-)
Sep 2011
12:01pm, 12 Sep 2011
4,240 posts
  •  
flip
Yep La - and good practise for the fling and of course this next year. Twas great to see you again. I'm not sure if i'm sunburnt or windburnt this morning. That dam fine yorkshire weather always gets me . I hear if you live there to long you end up with film star looks like chromey

Think i may do the half next year as i liked the lok of the run and wouldn't mind doing it a bit quicker.

oh and anna is hankering after a curry in bradford (she went ot uni there) -says its the best place ever for curries . Think it might be a bit of nostalgia but i'll certainly try it . if anyone is free when we book feel free to join us. oh and is the parkrun in lister park?
Sep 2011
1:59pm, 12 Sep 2011
339 posts
  •  
trendyrunner
Really enjoyed my first off-road marathon yesterday. Completed it in 5hr46mins, a bit slower than what I anticipated but then I didnt know what to expect :-) Actually ended up running 27miles as I went wrong on a couple of occasions, so next time I'll know what to look out for and perhaps save some time.

About This Thread

Maintained by FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Who's In?

I've just paid up for my entry today... I call this a "training" year! It may be th...