World Champs 2017 London

2 watchers
Mar 2017
12:25pm, 13 Mar 2017
1,743 posts
  •  
larkim
Anyone else got tickets to watch the athletics in London this summer? I've (hopefully) got tickets to see Mo in his final track race (I say hopefully as I don't know if he's definitely doing the double this year, but expect he is) on the final Saturday. V excited as our Olympic tickets only saw us watching quali heats as we didn't get any finals tickets.

On that vein, has anyone got any bargainous options for accommdation that is straightforward to get to Stratford from (and get back)? We're a family of 6 so it's never straightforward, but I've no real concept of how easy it is getting around London or where to start looking for a Premier Inn or similar.
Mar 2017
2:36pm, 13 Mar 2017
18,229 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
We used Airbnb when we stayed in Bath. Our accommodation was a self-contained building in someone's garden - with its own small kitchen and bathroom. It's worth having a look to see what there is.

Here's the link (it's an affiliate link, so if you sign up using it, and then book somewhere, we get some money off our next trip):

www.airbnb.co.uk/c/ianw58
Mar 2017
2:37pm, 13 Mar 2017
18,230 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Clickable: airbnb.co.uk
Mar 2017
2:48pm, 13 Mar 2017
1,747 posts
  •  
larkim
Cheers fetch. Any hints for good locations to get a family into the QE Olympic Park (and more importantly, get them into bed once the evening's events are over?)

My initial thoughts are somewhere along the Central line out West as we'll be coming up from the south west. But I'd just settle for cheap(ish) providing the route into the stadium is straightforward enough.
Mar 2017
9:04pm, 13 Mar 2017
1,689 posts
  •  
Fitz
What day of the week are you visiting Stratford, Larkim? If weekend, it's worth looking at hotels in the City, as they're mostly empty and cheap at the weekend and fast trains from Liverpool St to Stratford take about 10 mins.

There are premier inns in Devonshire Square (2 mins from Liv St) and Tower Hill (walkable to Liv St or 1 stop by tube) plus plenty of posher options if you're feeling flush.
Mar 2017
9:33pm, 13 Mar 2017
1,748 posts
  •  
larkim
It's the last Saturday. Ended up booking a Travelodge in Ealing - end of the Central line, not too far from my brother so I can do some family visiting while we're there.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Who's getting excited for the London 2017 World Championships?