Word 2016 is trying to get me the sack

1 watcher
Sep 2017
9:04pm, 11 Sep 2017
13,178 posts
  •  
mulbs
In the new version of Word (yes I know it's 2017 and not 2016 now), the ordering of the options on the spelling and grammar checker has changed. Word now gives an example of what it thinks the problem is, suggestions of what might be better, and then beneath all of that the ignore/ignore all and add to dictionary options.

The problem is, because the list of suggestions is variable in length, the position of the ignore/ignore all and add to dictionary options moves up and down as you progress through spell/grammar checking a document (and some of mine are 400 pages lonf) . . . which means that I keep clicking on a suggestion I don't want rather than instructing Word to ignore a "thing".

Does anyone have a solution other than simply being more careful?
SPR
Sep 2017
9:20pm, 11 Sep 2017
24,848 posts
  •  
SPR
Shortcut key?
Sep 2017
5:53am, 12 Sep 2017
13,179 posts
  •  
mulbs
I like the sound of those apples SPR, I'll investigate

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by mulbs
In the new version of Word (yes I know it's 2017 and not 2016 now), the ordering of the options...