Woof! Bark! And also Whiiiiiiiiiine.

3 lurkers | 104 watchers
Jul 2021
9:34am, 20 Jul 2021
6,186 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
In an unrelated note, going demented seeing the post about ice cubes killing dogs shared everywhere. "unnamed vet says something dramatic" and everybody shares it without doing any kind of research. i suppose at least in this case the advice being shared isn't really dangerous, just inaccurate. but would much rather see factual helpful posts (e.g. about the warning signs of heat stroke and what to do then) shared...
Jul 2021
9:48am, 20 Jul 2021
8,956 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Totally agree Metro_Nome.
Jul 2021
9:51am, 20 Jul 2021
1,990 posts
  •  
Roberto
Arlo does that occasional little hop on his back leg. But so does the in laws sprocker. Never thought anything of it.

And we give ice cubes to arlo all the time. He just throws it about for 10 mins before eating what's left.
Jul 2021
10:39am, 20 Jul 2021
10,287 posts
  •  
Mazlin
Rory also does occasional little back leg hops. I asked the vet about it once and she checked his legs and thought they were fine.

He was very angry about something at 2.30 this morning. Which was nice.
Jul 2021
11:18am, 20 Jul 2021
14,789 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Lots of terriers/small dogs do it. Our old vet said it was something to do with the conformation of the hip joint? It gets worse as they get older, apparently, but isn't usually painful.
Jul 2021
11:19am, 20 Jul 2021
14,790 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Sorry Roo, just read back and saw your post.
Jul 2021
1:04pm, 20 Jul 2021
35,316 posts
  •  
halfpint
He’s a cockapoo but I’ll look into that. He occasionally has a limp that lasts a couple of days. He really wasn’t keen to put any weight on that leg. Seems absolutely fine now after a couple of days rest.
Jul 2021
1:21pm, 20 Jul 2021
14,794 posts
  •  
SarahWoo
Doesn't sound like the same thing, hp.
Jul 2021
1:31pm, 20 Jul 2021
1,306 posts
  •  
RooA
Yeah the luxating patella thing is usually an on and off hopping rather than a solid lameness then perfectly fine. So I think it could be that but I wouldn't bet on it with lots of money.

I would get it checked out.
Jul 2021
7:49am, 22 Jul 2021
1,993 posts
  •  
Roberto
Last visit from the behaviourist last night. She is really pleased with the progress but confirmed there will be ups and downs. He still gets on edge but we are managing it better and it will just take time to build up the trust again.

She has advised us (and she brought a load) to give him Brewers yeast. And just keep giving him it until he loses interest. It will give him all the nutrients he needs and will replace him eating grass and then after a few days, he will just not be interested in it for a few weeks or so. Will give it a go but it has made his toileting awful this morning.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
Support thread for owners of puppies.
Well, why not?

Now including All Matters dogdogdogDOG dogdogdog