Women's Running

1 watcher
Oct 2017
2:11pm, 11 Oct 2017
First-time poster!!
  •  
RunningFreak1969
Hello!

Can any of you lovely ladies out there recommend a good book for us girlies with regards to running? Must cover fitness, nutrition and wellbeing. The full biffa really.

Thank you
Teresa
Oct 2017
2:17pm, 11 Oct 2017
6,849 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
I'm a big fan of Sam Murphy's work - I've mainly read her magazine/press articles rather than books and saw her speak at a VLM expo one year. I'm sure a list of her books must be available online and you could find one that looks of interest to you.
Oct 2017
2:18pm, 11 Oct 2017
6,850 posts
  •  
BaronessBL
Oh and welcome to Fetch by the way... ;-)
Oct 2017
2:18pm, 11 Oct 2017
18,622 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Lol @ biffa :-) Welcome to Fetch! Does it need to be a female-specific book? There are lots of good books where the information applies to everyone. Tell us a bit more about your goals.
Oct 2017
3:40pm, 11 Oct 2017
37,693 posts
  •  
Fierce and Fearless Fleecy
It’s not specifically about running but someone I know wrote a book specifically about women and exercise if that’s what you’re looking for. Boobs, periods, women’s stuff, the lot. She’s a GP and a runner
amazon.co.uk
Oct 2017
4:12pm, 11 Oct 2017
12,034 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Another vote for anything by Sam Murphy. She's the real deal - runs a group near us on the south coast. Her books are well researched, planned and nicely written. Accessible, inviting and sensible.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Hello!

Can any of you lovely ladies out there recommend a good book for us girlies with regards t...