Wimpole Estate parkrun

32 watchers
Feb 2013
5:39pm, 3 Feb 2013
22 posts
  •  
Geoff new
Thanks Brianj trail shoes it is then , we will be there saturday 5 or 7 of us from David Lloyd redway runners milton keynes
Feb 2013
8:09pm, 3 Feb 2013
5,844 posts
  •  
RichHL
Stiggers, BrianJ got in first with his request for the quickest getaway. I think the next quickest getaway is probably The U-Turn.

Would you like to marshal in the car park instead? You could be away before the run even starts. Or you could have a run round and peg it away after a course PB. You would probably be back at the finish before you'd get back from The U-Turn.
Feb 2013
8:48pm, 3 Feb 2013
1,159 posts
  •  
BrianJ
Rich, not sure which date Stiggers is referring to, but next weekend I should be OK its the following two weekends I'm not around
Feb 2013
9:20pm, 3 Feb 2013
142 posts
  •  
Stiggers
I need to get back to serious tri training which unfortunately doesn't include parkrun (booo!!), hence the need to get away for a long bike ride. That said, I'm happy to do my bit and give something back (more to come after July - still very grateful for a parkrun almost on my doorstep), so anything that can get me away early, do bike ride and back to the DIY (massive boooooooooooo) I'll do. DFYB!!!!
Feb 2013
9:30am, 4 Feb 2013
5,850 posts
  •  
RichHL
Excellent! in that case, Stiggers can have the Early Getaway this week. Thank you, both.

(It's so much easier when you have grumpy_badger doing all this stuff.)
Feb 2013
12:43pm, 4 Feb 2013
143 posts
  •  
Stiggers
Yay! bout 8:30?
Feb 2013
12:47pm, 4 Feb 2013
28,313 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I can do this week as a volunteer but will prob need a lift :-(
Feb 2013
2:15pm, 4 Feb 2013
5,855 posts
  •  
RichHL
Stiggers - We usually ask the marshals along for a briefing at 8:20 because two or three need to set off quite early to reach their posts and set them up in time.

HOD - Post on the FB page. You might be able to pick up a lift there. Most of our core team live nearer to Cambridge and can't pick you up. I'll add you to the roster for doing something at the finish so you can get a lift with someone who is running.
Feb 2013
2:44pm, 4 Feb 2013
28,315 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Cool
Mar 2013
11:56am, 21 Mar 2013
1,993 posts
  •  
ndellar
I am in the area this weekend and contemplating doing this one.

I need to do a long WU - I thought I'd jog the course. Aiming to get there early to do so, will the signs be up / is the course obvious - I've had a look at the course page but it's different when you get there.

Thank you!

About This Thread

Maintained by RichHL
It's out in the open now.

Inaugural run on 12 January. Don't forget your barcode!

Official website: parkrun.org.uk