Wimbledon 2019

5 watchers
Jul 2019
1:51pm, 2 Jul 2019
20,342 posts
  •  
Meglet
I find it difficult to watch much these days but try to follow what’s happening. Several big names knocked out yesterday, including Venus Williams by a 15yo who is thought to be the next big thing.

Currently watching Kerber vs Maria on my lunch break. It’s not floating my boat, there’s a lot of long rallies where they’re just floating the ball back and forth, it almost looks like slow motion
Jul 2019
9:19pm, 2 Jul 2019
9,447 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I caught the Venus Williams vs Cori Gauff game yesterday and she was absolutely fearless. Had some good variety to her game as well.

Currently watching the roof close (or not!) on Court One ;-)
Jul 2019
8:55pm, 3 Jul 2019
20,344 posts
  •  
Meglet
Is anybody following this year? Cori Gauff is currently smashing through her second round match. She plays well beyond her 15 years
Jul 2019
9:17pm, 3 Jul 2019
34,760 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Watching it Meg. For a wild card she has played like a old pro :-)
Jul 2019
9:40pm, 3 Jul 2019
15,312 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
I heard Andy Murray's granny was disappointed that she’s no longer first choice of partner for his mixed doubles..... ;)
Jul 2019
6:18pm, 4 Jul 2019
9,449 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Some of the BBC streams don't have commentary, it's a refreshing change not to have people wittering away. Currently watching Simon vs Sandgren - allez Gilles :-)
Jul 2019
7:08pm, 4 Jul 2019
20,345 posts
  •  
Meglet
Nice to have three Brits into the third round. Dan Evans played well though his opponent wasn’t particularly sparkling. Saw the first set of Konta’s match and thought she looked really good.

What do we think of Andy and Serena as a mixed doubles pair? I’m not really sure what to think, she is obviously used to doubles, Andy less so. Without any practice time it will be interesting to see if they can communicate well and play as a team. I’m not sure I can see them winning.
Jul 2019
8:18pm, 5 Jul 2019
9,452 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Is there a danger of too much hype? I do hope Gauff is as grounded as she seems. Feel a bit sorry for Hercog :-(

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Meglet
I find it difficult to watch much these days but try to follow what’s happening. Several big names...