Wimbledon 2017

7 watchers
Jul 2017
7:58pm, 12 Jul 2017
4,603 posts
  •  
postieboy
Murray and Djokovic should take a leaf out of Federer's book and both take a few months off. Get over their injuries and refresh their minds and come back stonger than ever. They both have a few years left if they manage themselves well.
Jul 2017
9:00pm, 12 Jul 2017
4,055 posts
  •  
Doctor K
I agree with that, it's not good for the later stages of a tournament to have a player who could default at any time. It won't be doing them any good long term either
.B.
Jul 2017
9:09pm, 12 Jul 2017
32,238 posts
  •  
.B.
I hope they both do take some time to get fully fit
Looking forward to Jo tomorrow. Venus was looking formidable in her last match
Jul 2017
9:19pm, 12 Jul 2017
4,604 posts
  •  
postieboy
I have a Federer/Williams double from before the tournament began which is still live. I want Konta to win because patriotism comes first. Venus looks really good though, playing her best tennis in years.
Jul 2017
9:48am, 13 Jul 2017
7,694 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I want to see someone new win the men's trophy so I'm going for a Berdych-Querry final. I know this is never going to happen though!

Venus looks tough to beat but I hope Jo can get past her.
Jul 2017
10:01am, 13 Jul 2017
7,695 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I've done some polls - get voting ;-)
Jul 2017
10:05pm, 13 Jul 2017
4,056 posts
  •  
Doctor K
Konta came up short against Williams today who showed that experience is very useful. There were one or two sniffs of an opportunity but Johanna couldn't take them. Needs to develop her short net game a bit too, a little more of the delicate touch required on occasions. She's had a good tournament.

Better game than the other semi final which frankly was an embarrassment.
Jul 2017
9:04am, 14 Jul 2017
7,696 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Sounded like Rybarikova finally realised where she was and nerves took over :-(

It was a good run for Jo.
Jul 2017
1:46pm, 16 Jul 2017
1,999 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I was given a pair of ground passes for Saturday which was great as I had not been to the AELTC before. It was nice to see some great players from yesteryear although my son hadn't a clue who they were.

It was the vets or boys/girls matches only but it was a shame that court one needed a specific ticket even though it was virtually empty and no top pro was scheduled to play. By the time number one or centre court resale tickets were available (at £10 each) it was about 9.00 pm and we had to start making our way home.

It was a surprise that strawberries and cream was just £2.50 for a decent amount of fruit. Everything else was priced at least double for what you would expect to pay. That includes merchandise and food/drink. A bit of a rip-off just for being 'Wimbledon.'
Jul 2017
2:57pm, 16 Jul 2017
7,700 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Oh no, what's happened to Cilic? :-(

About This Thread

Maintained by Little Nemo
Starts today! :-)

Who are you looking forward to seeing in action? I'm hoping that Andy Murr...