Wide and deep trainers for orthotic wearer

2 watchers
Jul 2013
9:35pm, 6 Jul 2013
23 posts
  •  
robbodj
I am struggling to find trainers that will accommodate my widths feet and orthotics. I wear neutral trainers with orthotics in and so they need to be deep. Had been wearing Nike Vomero 6's but then it changed to the 7 and I was told they were narrower. I have since been wearing mizuno waverider 16 but I don't find them that good. Grip seems to be quite poor when there has been rain during the day. I didn't have this problem with the nukes. I seem to be very limited in what I can wear and was wondering if there was anyone in the same boat who could offer advice.
Jul 2013
9:48pm, 6 Jul 2013
522 posts
  •  
NRGEE
I have orthotics. I also have Nike Vomero 5's and 7's. I find both are great for my orthotics and I haven't noticed that 7's are narrower. The depth of these shoes allows my orthotics to sit comfortably. If you haven't actually tried the 7's on- why not take your orthotics to a running shop and try a pair out. I know they are easier to buy online/cheaper;and they are q difficult to find in a city shop. I get mine from Start Fitness. Hope you get sorted.......
Jul 2013
9:56pm, 6 Jul 2013
24 posts
  •  
robbodj
I have also been told that air soles as in the nikes are the worst sole to have for orthotics wearers. When I went to get my recent trainers the man in the shop asked if I had been having any calf or Achilles trouble which I had (unbeknown) to him and he said this is the cause. If I am being honest since I have had the mizuno i haven't had these pains but might buy some vomeros for racing as they are so much more comfortable than anything else I have worn. Just need to find something else for training in
Jul 2013
10:00pm, 6 Jul 2013
8,654 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
I wear orthotics in all my shoes. Inov-8, North Face, Hokas and Adidas Adizeros. Never had a problem with any of those brands.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by robbodj
I am struggling to find trainers that will accommodate my widths feet and orthotics. I wear neutral ...