Why do women love talking about their ailments and men just don ?

1 watcher
May 2013
9:19am, 3 May 2013
1,147 posts
  •  
wiener dog
I do think men tend to moan a bit more ........ but I will openly admit that I am a dreadful hypochondriac and really should stay off google when I think I have something.
May 2013
9:20am, 3 May 2013
1,047 posts
  •  
Endorphins Junky
It is a personality thing, not a gender thing. End of. IMHO.
May 2013
9:22am, 3 May 2013
620 posts
  •  
Dooogs
Tendency to whinge splits by a lot of factors, gender being just one of them. I’m infinitely less hardcore than OH but that’s largely down to me being (Hiberno)-English and OH being Israeli…
May 2013
9:23am, 3 May 2013
16,384 posts
  •  
sheri3004
I can't stand talking about my health and I hate going to the doctor and refuse to do so until it becomes absolutely unavoidable, however certain men of my acquaintance love nothing more.

Yeah, it's a personality thing.
May 2013
9:27am, 3 May 2013
6,223 posts
  •  
Oysterboy
My OH hurt his neck recently after sleeping funny. It was a good week before he stopped banging on about it. I generally suffer in silence.
May 2013
9:30am, 3 May 2013
3,169 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
I seem to have a split personality on this. General health things, I rarely talk about. Any running-type stuff though, then I am immediately on here or asking people from the club if I am about to lose a leg.
May 2013
9:49am, 3 May 2013
14,199 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Prehistorically, man went out to hunt and gather food all day, whereas women would have the unenviable job of bearing and caring for children.

This means that when it comes to full-on pain, women have a higher threshold as we men have nothing that comes near to squeezing a human being out of such a small space. This explains the age old question of why women convert HM to Marathon times more tightly than men.

However, because failure to get out and hunt/gather every day would result in starvation for the whole family, men are better at just getting the hell on with it. That's why the phenomenon of man 'flu exists, because if it's enough to strike us down, then it's a really bad case of the flu and not just the sniffle that the rest of the family had.

And that's scientific proof!
May 2013
10:57am, 3 May 2013
6,984 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
who is this Don that men talk about ?
May 2013
11:48am, 3 May 2013
23,389 posts
  •  
swittle