Who will defend Aylesbury?

1 watcher
Sep 2012
9:46pm, 4 Sep 2012
1,059 posts
  •  
HuwH
Had tiger crossings until they were replaced by toucans....
Sep 2012
9:46pm, 4 Sep 2012
15,565 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
It makes me so proud I'm tearing up...
Sep 2012
9:47pm, 4 Sep 2012
15,566 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
What a load of rubbish, I believe the person who wrote this had less intellect than any Aylesbury resident! For hard working, aged late twenties tax payer Aylesbury is a excellent choice to live as the housing is more affordable than surrounding areas such as Princes Risborough, West Wycombe & Marlow. We have lived here for 8 years and not seen any evidence or heard of the unfounded ramblings above. We earn very good money and both been to university as have some of our friends and family who have moved here. It is a massive sweeping statement to say that it is full of chavs and kids on each corner as I believe if the person who wrote about this actually bothered to do their research, they would realise that actually Aylesbury is full of lots of close knit communities who have good morals, intellect and work bloody hard, FACT!

There you go - a positive story.
Sep 2012
9:49pm, 4 Sep 2012
15,567 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
And counterpoint from one of the town's less privileged denizens...

i from highbridge road born and bred n dont like wat ur sayin about the area n the intelligence of us so call gang members. we grind it ot daily to stack paper while the rest of u so called high society snotty nosed pricks look down on us. well us so called criminals n gang members r stood on every corner of every street every park n alley with our middle fingers up to u posh twats sayin ” f**k THE LOT OF YA WE RUN THIS TOWN” now get ur facts rite b4 runnin up ur mouth sunshine u dont no s**t about us
Sep 2012
9:51pm, 4 Sep 2012
15,568 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Grammar very poor. I fear the local schools have a lot to answer for (snort)!
Sep 2012
9:55pm, 4 Sep 2012
1,381 posts
  •  
Muds
I ran there once, via the inland waterways, along the 'Aylesbury Arm'! Got lost once Id left the canal. Very hot and bothered, never made it home, fizzled out in Berko!
Sep 2012
9:57pm, 4 Sep 2012
1,382 posts
  •  
Muds
Always shout load, the same way. That should deaf end one part of town!
Sep 2012
10:19pm, 4 Sep 2012
2,136 posts
  •  
RichK
hang on . . this is where I live!!

not, in itself, a recommendation for the town, I realise . .

and you've all just reminded me why I'm never here at weekends . .
Sep 2012
10:28pm, 4 Sep 2012
27,742 posts
  •  
Foxy
Aylesbury United hosted England in a pre Euro 88 friendly - England won 8-0 but it would appear weeks later that Marco Van Basten was a fractionally better striker than Cliff Hercules ;)

A Clockwork Orange was filmed there :)
Sep 2012
10:51pm, 4 Sep 2012
911 posts
  •  
CStar
Never been and will now avoid. Thought it sounded quite a nice place, but then most towns within a 25 mile radius of London have been comprehensively ruined by idiot planners and too many people. Greenbelt - Don't make me laugh. Green thong more likely.
Fozzy i'm right with you. Got any room in Yorkshire?

About This Thread

Maintained by BigChiefRunningBore
Right I have a meeting for an hour and I want at least 10 good things about Aylesbury by the time I ...