Who fancies testing the new way of uploading your data?

29 watchers
Nov 2014
5:27pm, 20 Nov 2014
1,393 posts
  •  
Alice the Camel
I've not had any problems daisy. Sorry I can't be of more help!
Nov 2014
9:59pm, 20 Nov 2014
85 posts
  •  
larkim
I had problems last night, it took forever to sync. In fact, I waited long enough and then uploaded manually, only to find that this morning of course the sync had worked.

I think there was some delay at the Garmin end, as I also sync to strava and that didn't appear quickly either. In fact, it didn't appear at all. I think strava does some sort of sense check so that it doesn't duplicate runs when you manually upload as well as let Garmin Connect handle it.
Nov 2014
9:24am, 23 Nov 2014
9,033 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Still working well for me. It's the bee's knees.
Nov 2014
12:03pm, 23 Nov 2014
13 posts
  •  
monkeyx
Worked for the first time for me today :) Are my last 30 days also suppose to Synch though? First upload never got transferred?
Nov 2014
12:28pm, 23 Nov 2014
2,811 posts
  •  
Winded
It tool a while for my historical data to come across; have patience.

Now that I'm aware of the differences in how height gained is treated I'm finding it makes quite a big difference. Yesterday's bike ride was 780m of ascent in Garmin Connect and only 618m of fetch which seems like a big % difference to me. Perhaps because yesterday was lots of smallish hills rather than one big one.
Nov 2014
1:17pm, 23 Nov 2014
15,277 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
The service I use (Google Maps API) allows me to sample 256 points along the route, and get an elevation profile in return. If you're cycling, then perhaps the extra mileage might space those out a little too much, and miss a few bumps. I suppose I could get round it by stitching together more than one result.
Nov 2014
1:23pm, 23 Nov 2014
59 posts
  •  
snayak
GC gives me a lower elevation gain on all my runs. Fetch data is usually around 5 to 10% greater. The only exception is a five lap marathon I did recently. Fetch shows the gain as 255m vs GC 447m. Quite a difference.
Nov 2014
1:28pm, 23 Nov 2014
2,813 posts
  •  
Winded
I can see sampling a set number of points works better for shorter courses or at least courses without lots of small scale by bumps.

I don't thinks it's a major problem, after all this is primarily a running website. Having said that the number of fetch cyclists seems to be growing so if it is easy to do it might be nice to boost accuracy a bit.
Nov 2014
1:29pm, 23 Nov 2014
15,278 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I will store it in my mind palace, aka my thinking shed.
Nov 2014
5:59pm, 23 Nov 2014
15 posts
  •  
monkeyx
Just deleted my connector to Fetcheveryone from Garmin connect and added a new one when last run did not show up and last 30 days showed up almost straight away including my missing run from this evening

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
See my blog. First five peeps will get a go :-)

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/blog-view.php?id=3