•  
Red Squirrel
! not ?
Sep 2022
1:36pm, 10 Sep 2022
22,367 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I need some advice folks. I'm wavering on the meet tomorrow. We've only spoken on the phone. No video call. He doesn't give enough info when I text him questions. My fault for not taking the initiative. I'm not sure I want to sit on a train for 1.5 hours (each way) on a Sunday anticipating gawd knows what. What would you do? (My ticket is booked, so I would lose that dosh.)
Sep 2022
1:44pm, 10 Sep 2022
38,090 posts
  •  
halfpint
I’d say go for it. Some people are just more comfortable in person. It’s got to be worth finding out. Are you going somewhere where there are other things you can do if you pull the plug on the date? Maybe come up with a plan to make the trip worthwhile.
Sep 2022
2:51pm, 10 Sep 2022
22,368 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Meeting in Birmingham, HP. I don't know it well, but I can see there are things to do centrally if we only end up having a coffee.

Thanks for giving your opinion. I've been fluctuating all week. He is coming from Leicester and driving.
Sep 2022
3:04pm, 10 Sep 2022
25,947 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Re previous page post: Revise a few facts about the new New St to drop in as you have a look round. ("I've never been here since the changes. Did you know that ... ")

If he's not scared off, good. If he engages, better :-) If he launches into his own fifteen minute monologue/ rant about trains/stations/railways - vamoose!
Sep 2022
3:15pm, 10 Sep 2022
22,370 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
We hadn't planned to look around the station, Dvorak. I've been there before, but didn't know it had changed in any way. I think we're going to head for a cafe ... but is there something interesting about the station? I had a look on line and it seems that a new shopping centre is wrapped around it or summat. I might have a quick look at the shops while I'm there - I need a couple of running tops. :) I'm not keen on shopping generally tho' so it'd only be if there was a good running shop - quick in and out.
Sep 2022
3:20pm, 10 Sep 2022
25,948 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Cats, you say, hgreav? There's a thread for that blackcat. fetcheveryone.com/forum/cats-in-boxes-61475/1053 Boxes now optional, but always appreciated.

Well done on your 5K pb today medal and good luck for the HM tomorrow.
Sep 2022
3:31pm, 10 Sep 2022
25,949 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Well, richmac might advise better, but I understand it's no longer the dystopian nightmare it used to be. Up top, at least; it may still be enveloped in Stygian gloom at platform level. But they are easier to get to.

Glass atrium roof the size of a football pitch creating a cathedral-like centerpiece. buildingspecifier.com And shops ;-) (The biggest John Lewis outside London!)
Sep 2022
3:53pm, 10 Sep 2022
22,371 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Ooh. Although I'm not keen on shopping generally. I like a bit of JLP.
Sep 2022
3:00pm, 11 Sep 2022
22,372 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
OK. I'm in the train heading home. Chinatown is really close to the train station, so we had a wander there and salivated at the menus. He has halal though and we were both v disappointed not to eat anywhere there.

Had a wander and a chat for a few hours. One of the rare ones who is more handsome in person. He's quite manic and doesn't like to waste any time. 🙂I'm a fast walker, but it was like speed walking everywhere and running across roads at red lights.

Was good spending some time in Brum early. For a big city, I like the vibe.

About This Thread

Single? Want to chat?