Who are all the single Fetchies!!

256 watchers
Oct 2020
9:58am, 10 Oct 2020
21,591 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I was waiting for a new phone as my old one's nearly done, but the Fairphone I ordered on a good deal from my provider is out of stock and not coming back for the foreseeable!
Oct 2020
1:15pm, 10 Oct 2020
21,592 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Sorry - that's my reason for not trying Bumble on my phone.
Nov 2020
2:14pm, 23 Nov 2020
21,663 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Hey all - particularly Hann - can anyone recommend boots for women which are good for walking mixed terrain - pavement and through parks/grassland, which I can then garden in for the day?

I usually walk to my forest garden volunteering, which is a mix of pavement and parkland (about 3 miles). I then tramp around the site often getting wet and muddy. I only take a small bag so don't want to carry the boots with me.
Nov 2020
4:09pm, 23 Nov 2020
12,325 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
RS - depending on how muddy you get, look at "approach" walking shoes/boots. They're lighter than typical walking boots or work boots, but still ok in the mud.

However if you want heavy due, get some proper boots or work boots possibly with Steel toecaps depending on what you're doing.
Nov 2020
4:10pm, 23 Nov 2020
12,326 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
For example: gooutdoors.co.uk

(note I am not specifically recommending these - just showing them as an example that I could find quickly)
Nov 2020
4:13pm, 23 Nov 2020
33,247 posts
  •  
halfpint
A decent pair of goretex walking boots would probably fit the bill RS. Also worth considering a pair of Dubarry type boots. I have Dublin ones which are a good bit cheaper and have done me proud for the last 4 years or so. I use them for dog walks - they look a bit nicer than a walking boot, are water proof and have a decent sole on them. They stop the bottom of my trousers getting splashed with mud so are handy for lunchtime dog walks or pre/post work. I know others like muck boots - they might be better if you are using them for gardening and need to be kneeling.
Nov 2020
10:08am, 24 Nov 2020
21,665 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Good suggestions thanks folks and I'll look into both of those. Muck Boots are good and ideally I'd buy their green ankle boots for on-site (grow leader has them and she loves them) and other boots to walk there. I'm limited on cash at the mo', so can't afford 2 pairs.

Because I wear minimal shoes most of the time; I'm not used to substantial shoes; hence having to ask for advice! There's a Go Outdoors 20 mins walk away from where I live. I pop there when it reopens.
Nov 2020
5:18pm, 24 Nov 2020
3,772 posts
  •  
Pou Pou LePhoõk
They might still be open, RS. All sorts of shops seem to be deemed essential.
Nov 2020
9:08pm, 24 Nov 2020
21,666 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I popped there yesterday. They're not Phook. Hardly anything open here except food and hardware.
Dec 2020
8:49pm, 6 Dec 2020
14,177 posts
  •  
HowFar?
I had a visitor to the back yard today, RS.

About This Thread

Single? Want to chat?