Who are all the single Fetchies!!

1 lurker | 256 watchers
Sep 2020
9:11am, 3 Sep 2020
5,895 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
I think some of the sites are better value if you sign up for a year in advance
Plus at the end of the contract you can always plead poverty or lack of success and get a few more months free.
Sep 2020
9:43am, 3 Sep 2020
10,953 posts
  •  
MazH
I have found a relatively high number of single men in my area on these sites (3rd largest city in Scotland admittedly)

I'm 46, so I set my parameters to no more than a couple of years lower and I probably don't set the upper range. There are very few in their 60's anyway but I would draw the line at 59 i think.....

My daughter's dad was 10 years older than me, so late fifties doesn't perturb me too much.
Sep 2020
9:49am, 3 Sep 2020
10,954 posts
  •  
MazH
I've never paid for any of the perks or features, but i do agree it kinda represents an intent that the free basis doesn't really give.

Lots of flipping in and out and multiple profiles for the same person on the free sites. I think people delete the app but not their profile. Then come on with a new profile. same pics, similar blurb etc
Sep 2020
10:29am, 3 Sep 2020
32,259 posts
  •  
halfpint
Fozzy - I'm not sure I agree with your assertion that it's easier for women. The bottom line is if it's not right for you then you don't have to use them. I hated the whole experience so have never bothered again. I am relatively contentedly single though so happy to take a 'if I meet someone, I meet someone' approach.
Sep 2020
10:57am, 3 Sep 2020
11,464 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
HP - maybe you're right.

Certainly being a woman leads to unwanted and unwarrented attention. Which is unacceptable.

But, I think the point I was coming at was that there is no expectation to make the first move/drive the whole thing. Which I know is an outdated view, but in my experience, is still true.

I also hate the online thing, but having also adopted the other approach of wait and see, that has not exactly worked either.

All a bit fed up of everything at the moment.
Sep 2020
4:27pm, 3 Sep 2020
3,746 posts
  •  
Pou Pou LePhoõk
MazH - late 50s people are the best.
Sep 2020
6:00pm, 3 Sep 2020
5,896 posts
  •  
Southcoastpete
I haven't bothered much with dating sites for a while, even though my last success was through one.

I seemed to let go of the idea of dating when lockdown happened, as it was pretty impossible at the time.

I do seem a lot happier if I'm not "worrying" about dating, and just getting on with life instead.

Lockdown made me realise how many people I'd got to know if real life over the last couple of years, including other runners in the club I joined last year.

There are a some single women I know, in my social life. Though of course I haven't seen much of them over the last few months.
Sep 2020
11:46pm, 3 Sep 2020
11,473 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
I know very few single women at all.

I got basically ignored during lockdown. I had basically no face to face conversation for about 6weeks.

Online chats with my boss, a few other people and my parents and aunt was about it.
Sep 2020
7:17pm, 8 Sep 2020
21,546 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Now there's no Guardian Soulmates; I can't have a look at who's looking in my area.
Sep 2020
7:24am, 9 Sep 2020
3,748 posts
  •  
Pou Pou LePhoõk
RS, they seem to have been re-born, phoenix-like, as newsoulmates.co.uk. I've not checked them out though.

About This Thread

Single? Want to chat?