Which headtorch?

13 watchers
Jan 2022
2:31pm, 19 Jan 2022
3,541 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Has anybody tried the Petzl Iko Core. I'm very tempted, but wonder if the Swift might be better.

The battery pack on my Alpkit Gamma had a melt down. Literally.
Jan 2022
2:39pm, 19 Jan 2022
8,411 posts
  •  
Northern Exile
I have the Swift JD, a recent Xmas pressie. Very impressed so far, I've retired my Hope R4 because of it!
Jan 2022
3:18pm, 19 Jan 2022
3,009 posts
  •  
Oranj
Mine is an Alpkit Qark

Doesn't the weight of the battery pack on the front make it drop down as you bounce along? I had a cheepo headtorch like that, it was a bit annoying unless you had the strap done up super tight.
SPR
Nov 2022
10:27am, 30 Nov 2022
39,067 posts
  •  
SPR
Anything worth getting in the Ledlenser sale that ends today (or elsewhere)?
Nov 2022
10:56am, 30 Nov 2022
69 posts
  •  
LS21
SPR - I’ve got the SEO7R (the blue one at the top of this link). It’s great for me, and what I use it for.

ledlenser.co.uk

It’s got a rechargeable battery, but also takes 3 x AAA batteries.

The brightness is good (for what I use it for - roads and trails).

My battery has had a fair bit of hammer over the years and I need to charge it pretty much after every run now (I reckon it’s fine for 90 mins to 2 hours). If you wanted longer than that then maybe look at other options.

It’s pretty comfortable to wear. The battery sits behind the light itself (at the front) which I quite like. Previously I had a Silva one with the battery pack at the back and I didn't like it. It was uncomfortable.

If I needed a new torch I’d happily buy this one again. It does everything I need really well. But if you’re wanting to hit the trails for hours on end there are better options.

Hope that helps 🙂
SPR
Dec 2022
12:16am, 1 Dec 2022
39,069 posts
  •  
SPR
Thanks LS21. I decided not to get anything at this point but will remember this for the future.
Dec 2023
10:03am, 9 Dec 2023
6,992 posts
  •  
Snoot
Bumping the thread to ask a question.

Planned to head out on the trails this morning to find my headtorch wouldn’t come on. Ledlenser NE010R. Put it on charge, now showing green but wouldn’t come on still? Played with connections, came on but wouldn’t go off, played again now seems ok but do I trust it??

Anyone else had issues like this? Would appreciate any thoughts, thanks.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chell
I'm embarking on running the Bullock Smithy come September and will need a head torch for it. With...