where do your trainers burst?

3 watchers
Dec 2019
1:22am, 4 Dec 2019
10 posts
  •  
bundance
@jennywren did you choose a replacement for running in?

After a lot of looking tonight, I've found NewBalance Minimus 10v1 with a midfoot wrap exactly where ours burst. On paper they look perfect; arriving Saturday. I'll report back after a few runs.
Dec 2019
7:17am, 4 Dec 2019
4,203 posts
  •  
Vancouver Jogger
The mesh above my right big toe is where my asics go. Still not right through on my current pair but I can see the colour of my socks. They have done 1106 miles though! Want to wait until drier and less muddy conditions before breaking out my next pair.
Dec 2019
7:37am, 4 Dec 2019
148 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
I wear flip flops for about 8 months of the year and they are great, nothing really to wear on them and the soles have a 5000 mile guarantee.

In the winter I wear Vivos, they always seem to go along the edges near the sole, same for all of us in this house. Some styles last longer than others, but its disappointing for the money they cost.
Dec 2019
11:44pm, 5 Dec 2019
16 posts
  •  
bundance
What kind of flip-flops @barefootem?

I got a pair of vibram sandles a good few years ago that look the business and we’re meant to be for running and tracking but they rub and I can’t even use them for walking far.

Saw a guy at a couple of 10ks run in a different kind of flip flops very comfortably looking but could never find him at the end to ask him about them.
Dec 2019
6:48am, 8 Dec 2019
149 posts
  •  
BarefootEm
I have a couple of pairs, Xero do very good, very cheap, very hard wearing ones! The build your own take some getting used too, I really like my z-treks, no toe post! My all-time favourite pair were a vivobarefoot design, but they stopped making them :(

I've not tried Luna's, but hear good things about them.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Where do you get holes in your shoes? I've got two pairs just now that have burst in the same p...