•  
One Thousand Odd Spiders
#64, Orange club, no tea!
Dec 2022
9:17am, 7 Dec 2022
44,954 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Cancelled tomorrow's 18.30. Rebooked for 15.30! Need to go earlier because a. I can because I'm unemployed and b. I'm going to office (former office!) Christmas do at 18.30! :-) G
Dec 2022
9:26am, 7 Dec 2022
58,422 posts
  •  
LindsD
NIce OTOS. Orange Club, proper biscuit. THink the days of tea are over.
Dec 2022
2:50pm, 7 Dec 2022
6,387 posts
  •  
jennyh
Last donation a week last Friday - unsure of time as they don’t seem to tell you (and I don’t wear a watch and never think to time it on my phone), but they took the donation from my right arm rather than left for the first time ever, and it seemed quicker than usual (though took longer to find a vein).

No mint clubs (booo!), but did have two penguins and a blackcurrant squash
Dec 2022
6:08pm, 7 Dec 2022
58,430 posts
  •  
LindsD
You have to ask jenny :)
Nice one though
Dec 2022
6:53pm, 7 Dec 2022
6,388 posts
  •  
jennyh
Ah, I see, thanks Linds :-)
Dec 2022
10:24am, 9 Dec 2022
44,991 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas & Happy New G(rrr)
49th last night. All good. 145 Hb is good for me, so no prob. And donation was 6 mins, which is a bit slow for me, but fast compared to some other dribblers who were in there! ;-) I'd forgotten to not drink coffee and hadn't had extra water that I normally would have had. But it was all fine. Then went to office Christmas dinner out, which was fun. It's great when you're a driver, none of that schlepping about in the cold looking for a taxi!

The only drama was on the "Any medical investigations ongoing?" question. I'd forgotten until she was going through the questions and said, "Oh yes, I've got an x-ray booked at local hospital on Sunday." Rats, suddenly thought I might not be allowed to donate. Nurse called for and discussed what it was. I've had a sore finger joint for months (a year?) and missus told me to go see doctor (because it's painful enough sometimes that it wakes me up at night. And if it wakes me, it wakes her, so do something about it!) Doc said probably just a bit of arthritis, natural with age. But it could be some more serious kind of inflammatory condition, need to get an x-ray. That was nearly 2 months ago. But it is at least booked. In the end, sanity prevailed and the nurse decided that no one is going to die of a sore finger and I was allowed to donate, on condition that I notify them if there are any findings of more serious inflammation, because they might want to discard my donation.

Does anyone know why that might be? :-) G
Dec 2022
10:24am, 9 Dec 2022
44,992 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas & Happy New G(rrr)
Oh, and Tuc Cheese Sandwich and carton of apple juice. I didn't go for the Tunnock's teacake as I was about to have my dinner! :-) G
Dec 2022
10:29am, 9 Dec 2022
10,475 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
In case it’s due to some sort of infection maybe?
Gus
Dec 2022
11:27am, 9 Dec 2022
1,802 posts
  •  
Gus
Yesterday 6:22 and was asked if I was interested in platelet donation! Seems it’s a new thing to invite females! Will speak to someone on my next visit.

Does anyone else do this? Any downsides?

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.