When did you last give blood?

1 lurker | 96 watchers
Dec 2021
2:52pm, 16 Dec 2021
1,951 posts
  •  
photoset
Blood donation last night has been delayed due to holidays and Anti biotics, Made a bit of a mess putting the needle in, there appeared to be a moment of panic as she slid the needle backwards and forwards trying to get the blood flow, another Nurse had to come over and sort it out, all done in 7 mins although did have a half golf ball lump around the insertion point, which went relatively quickly
Dec 2021
7:12pm, 28 Dec 2021
3,087 posts
  •  
BarefootElf
I tried to give blood on boxing Day... But couldn't because of new meds... Later that day Ian tested positive on an LFT... He got a positive PCR this morning .. I'm still negative, but pleased I didn't donate now.

Hope you all well and safe xx
Dec 2021
5:12pm, 29 Dec 2021
2,120 posts
  •  
154 Rob
Apologies to whoever gets today's donation. The usual alcohol content will cheer them up but the nutrition has gone downhill recently.
Dec 2021
6:15pm, 29 Dec 2021
2,531 posts
  •  
Fitz
They must be bored up at Blood HQ - a letter, a phone call and two emails received from them today re my next appointment.
Dec 2021
9:36am, 30 Dec 2021
40,652 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas and Happy NewG(rrr)
Good reminder guys. I got booked in for tomorrow 9.30 so 4 in this year. Just! :-) G
Jan 2022
1:04pm, 2 Jan 2022
405 posts
  •  
LouiseRuns πŸŒΉπŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί
Gave blood this morning. Was a bit concerned when the person taking blood commented my veins were deep, and then tried the other arm, but as soon as the needle was in blood flowed really well, donation over so much quicker than normal. Then off to get a drink and a snack, only to arrive there and be greeted with 'oh no, sit down madam, you're bleeding!' Blood EVERYWHERE, not quite gushing but definitely flowing. All down my arm, all over the floor. That's never happened to me before.
Jan 2022
1:18pm, 2 Jan 2022
3,211 posts
  •  
Groundhog
Next donation is March for me, and it was earlier in December I last donated after a very long gap where I was doing 2 marathons a month for a few years.
Jan 2022
3:09pm, 2 Jan 2022
40,663 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas and Happy NewG(rrr)
Ooh, nasty Louise. I even took my plaster off straight after finishing (don't like taking it off later!) And no blood.

I was pleased my Hb was 157. I've been knocked back for low Hb (below 135 for men) before, so 157 is pretty good margin, I think. I don't know what "good" is though!

And 5:30 for the pint. Does anyone else ask for their time? Is it a runner thing?! :-) G
Jan 2022
3:31pm, 2 Jan 2022
51,974 posts
  •  
LindsD
I do it because of this thread and primarily El Bee and V'rap :)

Louise, that sounds awful.
Jan 2022
3:53pm, 2 Jan 2022
9,054 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Oh dear Louise, hopefully it’s a one off. It happened to me once (only once), though not as badly as that.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.