Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

When did you last give blood?

84 watchers
15 Jan
9:11am, 15 Jan 2021
58 posts
Limegreenjelly
I gave them a ring this morning, it is as expected. There are no sessions coming up apart from the one in Colchester which is 20 miles away because there isn’t anything booked. I know that Trinity Park which was an alternative to my local session, is going to be a vaccine centre, but I still don’t understand why there’s no other sessions coming up locally at all and the guy on the phone didn’t really know any more than me!
15 Jan
9:13am, 15 Jan 2021
13922 posts
mulbs
I booked one last summer, earliest date I could get was Feb, which was cancelled over xmas
15 Jan
1:22pm, 15 Jan 2021
3416 posts
Bob!
lgj
I usually go to Maldon. My last one there was cancelled, and no more have come up for that venue, it used to be a regular one.

I think it's because they can't find a way to have separate entrance and exits. Could that be the reason for you?
15 Jan
1:39pm, 15 Jan 2021
2351 posts
Fitz
Don't know about the app, but on the website you can book more than one session. However, if the two sessions are not far enough apart (16 weeks or 12 weeks, is it?) it will cancel the first one when you confirm the second.

I currently have bookings for 27 Feb and 5 June.
15 Jan
4:19pm, 15 Jan 2021
10933 posts
Mandymoo
I have just been put back on iron tablets (iton storage levels low) so no donating for me for a while
15 Jan
9:51pm, 15 Jan 2021
44370 posts
LindsD
West End donor centre doesn't have sep exits and entrances.
19 Jan
7:15pm, 19 Jan 2021
11739 posts
Little Nemo
Got a text today to say my blood had been used at University College Hospital - didn't have to travel far! :-)

Not been able to rebook at the West End Centre, doesn't seem to have any available dates. I might try ringing instead.
19 Jan
8:13pm, 19 Jan 2021
735 posts
honestmackem
I phoned them this afternoon, they are releasing more dates within the next 2 weeks for April and beyond
19 Jan
9:23pm, 19 Jan 2021
10961 posts
Mandymoo
Mine went all the way to Birmingham this time, thats a fair distance from Dover
19 Jan
9:41pm, 19 Jan 2021
18 posts
JenHB
I tried last March - iron levels were too low so 'banned' for a year - think my problem was linked as had been training for a HM (which was cancelled - so I then moved my appointment forward!)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone