BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

When did you last give blood?

90 watchers
4 Aug
7:55am, 4 Aug 2021
48875 posts
LindsD
Ah. You found us
4 Aug
7:56am, 4 Aug 2021
48876 posts
LindsD
I had 111g/l once and was told to go straight to GP. It's upsetting but v common, especially for women. There are a lot of us in here who have been refused because of iron levels. Thank you for going.
4 Aug
7:57am, 4 Aug 2021
596 posts
NRGEE
i was declined as a blood donor today as my haemoglobin was 118g/l and has to be 125g/l or above for a lady. A bit peeved as had cost £15.50 taxi fares! Am a 1st time donor and with a complex medical history it needs reviewing by 2 clinicians and my GP may be contacted as well as my psychiatrist.
4 Aug
8:12am, 4 Aug 2021
39416 posts
HappyG(rrr)
I've been bumped for low Hb too NRG but you can do it again in 6 months. Just need to eat more iron rich foods. Spinach, like Popeye. Or red meat if you're not veggie. Or iron supplements is what I do. Good effort volunteering though. Well done. :-) G
4 Aug
3:41pm, 4 Aug 2021
1052 posts
jelly (limegreenjelly)
I used to have problems with haemaglobin all the time Nrgee, I don’t take anything or eat anything iron rich but I think I get my vitamins and iron from eating fortified cornflakes and rice crispies!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone