Wheelchair racers

6 watchers
Oct 2018
10:48am, 17 Oct 2018
1,262 posts
  •  
Flatlander
....athletics track used by Cambridge & Coleridge Athletics Club. The pavilion equipment room has racing wheelchairs which may be available to use, if you haven't got your own and would like to try out one.

If you want to use one, let RichHL know so that he can make sure the equipment room is unlocked on the day.

As you are a member of C&C you may be able to use the wheelchairs on training nights, just ask one of the club representatives - you may have already.
Oct 2018
4:23pm, 18 Oct 2018
3 posts
  •  
Oneleggedmatt
Many thanks for your comments already a member of the wheelchair racing club and have to say the whole club is awesome
Oct 2018
6:22pm, 18 Oct 2018
11,364 posts
  •  
richmac
Hi,

Welcome to Fetch.

I don't use a chair but I am a para athlete (triathlon) so know a lot of chair racers (some of them pretty good) if there is a question I can help with I will. Should you want to start riding a hand bike, I know about those to.
Oct 2018
8:13pm, 19 Oct 2018
4 posts
  •  
Oneleggedmatt
Thanks for the offer buddy will certainly be calling on your skills soon just waiting to get this amputation over and done with.
Oct 2018
9:51pm, 19 Oct 2018
13,227 posts
  •  
RichHL
Matt causing trouble already.

Good.

:-)
Oct 2018
9:54pm, 19 Oct 2018
13,228 posts
  •  
RichHL
PS Any wheelchair Fetchies would be welcome to the Jingle Mile. If you let me know you're coming in advance and you don't have your own racing chair, we might be able to sort you out with a loan chair for the day. We might also be able to scare up some race-running frames for anyone who wants to give that a go.
Oct 2018
11:33pm, 20 Oct 2018
5 posts
  •  
Oneleggedmatt
As always rich

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Oneleggedmatt
Hi all

New to this site any other wheelchair racers out there. I am new to the sport and getting o...