What were you shamefully old when you first realised . . .

52 watchers
Jun 2022
11:51am, 25 Jun 2022
12,930 posts
  •  
Jason1969
Quite a few have the day of the week printed on the blister too 🤣

My anxiety medicine starts on a Sunday! It does NOT help!
Jun 2022
11:56am, 25 Jun 2022
49 posts
  •  
EuanB
There are so many threads I could post this on . . . I’ve been taking medication for at least fifteen, probably twenty years, that comes in strips, usually sevens, occasionally fourteens. It has only just occurred to me that if I start a strip on a Monday then I can be 100% certain (rather than my usual 99%) whether I have taken a tablet or not. Doh!

I got a tablet organiser for my Parky meds. And another one for my supplements. One has days of the week, the other days of the week plus morning and evening. They are great. That and reminders on all my devices keeps me on track! :)
Jun 2022
12:00pm, 25 Jun 2022
51 posts
  •  
EuanB
... and right on cue there are my varied alerts to let me know it's time to medicate...
Jun 2022
2:14pm, 25 Jun 2022
6,941 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
I have a tablet organiser too. Since we both retired it's a handy way of knowing what day it is - I just need to read the day on the compartment after the empty one! 🤣
Dec 2022
6:17pm, 3 Dec 2022
3,688 posts
  •  
GeneHunt59
Not necessarily shamefully old, but quite topical as in the news now. For too long I thought the Elgin marbles were like the marbles we played with as kids, albeit made out of marble rather than glass.
WA
Dec 2022
6:52pm, 3 Dec 2022
10,445 posts
  •  
WA
Haha me too GeneHunt59
Dec 2022
7:02pm, 3 Dec 2022
47,126 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
That the word “value” in Value Added Tax is there because it is a tax based on the value of the goods bought, not because the the buyer is getting value from their purchase. I think this was a misconception I adopted as a child when I first heard of VAT, and something I hadn’t thought about since.

I’ve always thought of this as “value added”. For a business, VAT is charged/collected on the selling price of an item, but paid/reclaimed on the purchase price. So the tax is paid only on the “value added”.

It’s only the poor old consumer who pays it and can’t offset it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fizz :-)
Just because we only ever holidayed on the South coast, didn’t mean all seaside resorts were there...