What the strangest thing anyone has said to you about the big one

3 watchers
Apr 2017
2:27pm, 22 Apr 2017
22,762 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
After completing a 105 mile walk, "yes, that's good. But it's not a marathon is it?"
Apr 2017
3:50pm, 22 Apr 2017
1,934 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Anyone who says that London is the best marathon in the world. And then, it's only said by Londoners (or Brits) who don't even realise that there are many other excellent marathons anywhere else.
Apr 2017
11:54am, 24 Apr 2017
24 posts
  •  
gladrags
back in 2001 when I did my first one - a colleague asked if I had practiced running on cobbles so that I could manage the stretch near the Tower of London........
Apr 2017
12:10pm, 24 Apr 2017
14,713 posts
  •  
Atonal Miserabilist (AFKA TRO)
I remember a colleague who I had repeated conversations with about my doing Ironman. I explained what it was many times, including the 'and then a run a marathon' bit.

After doing the Ironman she congratulated me heartily and suggested: 'you should enter the London Marathon - I reckon you could definitely finish it'

:-O
Apr 2017
9:15pm, 24 Apr 2017
33,348 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Definitely you can do it

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Hills of Death (HOD)
I remember back in 2009 i think before doing the London Marathon this guy I was working with on the ...