What shoe?

1 watcher
Feb 2013
3:52pm, 9 Feb 2013
13 posts
  •  
Mrs Mo
Hi I have run in the basics 2170 for a few years. I need a new pair of shoes and was intrigued by the new 2000 series or the new gel kayano 19. Anyone got either and what is your feedback? Usually buy online as with working and having wee one going to try on is bit of hassle! Ran Edin marathon last year and doing vlm in April :-) Thanks in advance! Ps I slightly over pronate
Feb 2013
7:40am, 13 Feb 2013
725 posts
  •  
Hackett
The Keyano is the top of the Asics Support range. Friends who use that show don't have complaints. The 2000 is simply this years version of your 2170s. If your happy with Asics 2170 stick with those . However if you find keyanos cheap they'd be a similar fit.
Feb 2013
8:13am, 13 Feb 2013
4,434 posts
  •  
Big Al Widepants
I personally think expensive (up to the minute) shoes are a waste of money. Maybe go into a running shop and find the cheapest pair that fit you. I know people get injured and all that but I think it's less to do with the shoes and more to do with the way they run - too fast in training. (For example I've just bought a pair of ladies :-O Inov8 238s cos they were £29.99 less 10% and free postage. I got a half size bigger than normal and every mile feels slightly better knowing they used to be about £90.00.)
Feb 2013
8:31am, 13 Feb 2013
13,626 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Slight overpronation doesn't require the expense of Kayanos. That's a high mileage super-support shoe.

I overpronate somewhat. Just got a pair of Saucony Grid Guide from Sportshoes for less than 30 quid.

The fit from one model in a make to another will be similar. So if you're happy with the 2170s, I'd stick with the 2000s.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mrs Mo
Hi I have run in the basics 2170 for a few years. I need a new pair of shoes and was intrigued by th...