What really grinds your gears?

180 watchers
13 Apr
8:14am, 13 Apr 2024
10,315 posts
  •  
GordonG
Companies that say something has been “dispatched” but they really mean they’ve created a royal mail label and it’s at least another 2/3 days before it’s actually on its way. I use a small company I really like- their confirmation emails say they are operating a 2-5 day dispatch. It’s always at least a week, and then the extra few days on top. At least I know so I’m expecting a longer wait, but it’s still annoying!

I ordered something online recently and I've been sent loads of emails saying,

"we've got your order"
"We're processing your order"
"We've packed your order"
"It will be sent to the delivery company soon"

JUST TELL ME WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY IN THE POST!!
15 Apr
8:52pm, 15 Apr 2024
14,590 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
The gamble of online check-in. Check-in now for 6 Euros per seat and get to sit together, or wait until free check-in and risk being separated and god knows where. Such a sneaky way for airlines to get extra money!!!
17 Apr
11:10am, 17 Apr 2024
4,241 posts
  •  
z1000jeff
Apologies if I'm repeating myself but this is still doing my head in:

People who post 'happy belated birthday' 😡 My birthday wasn't belated, it was bang on time ... the same date as it is every year.
18 Apr
9:31am, 18 Apr 2024
10,321 posts
  •  
GordonG
the fact that my one booking for a B&B via booking.com yesterday, has resulted (so far) in six different emails from them, including one to confirm that my arrival time of 8pm is 'approved', as is my request for, er, a bed.
18 Apr
10:05am, 18 Apr 2024
10,463 posts
  •  
DoricQuine
With you there GG!

Also emails from online companies with "Did you see something you like?" or "You have great taste. We have kept this item for you!" etc.

Nine times out of ten the item is out of stock or I would have bought it!
18 Apr
10:47am, 18 Apr 2024
85,585 posts
  •  
Diogenes
People keep giving me adhoc work to do. I've got enough things on my list already,

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
A forum to sound off about what really grinds your gears.