What podcasts do you listen to?

55 watchers
Jan 2022
6:06pm, 20 Jan 2022
16,685 posts
  •  
larkim
I've got the rest of the 2+ hours to listen to on the way home. I listen at 1.3x speed and even in my 40 minute commute I hadn't got past Martin and Holly just generally chattering about the programme. I always said that even the length of the theme tune hinted at Martin's ability to put the "marathon" into the interview technique using about 262 words where 20 would do.
Jan 2022
8:02am, 27 Jan 2022
132,500 posts
  •  
GregP
Old trope but I was reminded of it this morning.

There's a school of thought, to which I strongly adhere as, I believe do Nellers and others, that sometimes all you want is some people who's company you enjoy to chat in your ears while you run/drive/do the ironing/whatever.

The BBC Football Daily Euro Edition does that so, so well. The Monday Night Club edition *should* do it too, except Micah Richards.
Jan 2022
11:02am, 27 Jan 2022
4,005 posts
  •  
Snoot
^^ I’m very much of the same thought, the podcasts are just someone wittering on in my ears while I’m out on my own. Hence why I listen to so many just so there’s something there…
Feb 2022
3:39pm, 1 Feb 2022
2,399 posts
  •  
Fields
I don’t know if this has been recommended before but I’m listening to a podcast dramatising the Nuremberg trials.

As you might expect it’s not always an easy listen but it offers a fascinating insight to the whole process.
MAG
Feb 2022
11:29am, 2 Feb 2022
265 posts
  •  
MAG
I don’t know if this has been recommended before but I’m listening to a podcast dramatising the Nuremberg trials. As you might expect it’s not always an easy listen but it offers a fascinating insight to the whole process.

That sounds interesting, might have a look into that one......then again I have about 5 Audiable books backed up and other podcasts. Just not enough time in the day. But still....it sounds interesting.
Feb 2022
12:04pm, 10 Feb 2022
864 posts
  •  
Albert O Balsam
I am very late to the party here, and I see it was discussed a few pages ago, but I have just noticed that Marathon Talk has ended.

It was my companion for a few years when I had to travel for business and wifi wasn't a certainty in hotels.

Like many I sort of drifted away from it, for me it was when Tom seemed not to be interested in running any longer

Had forgotten about the Yuki suit, will always remember Tony's trials (the Bullock Smithy episode was a classic and even liked 'Boy on the Run.' I bid it adieu with thanks to all those involved.
Feb 2022
9:33am, 12 Feb 2022
4,011 posts
  •  
SusiesueH
Subscribed, and listened to the first 2 episodes of Fairy Meadow on BBC Sounds yesterday. A fascinating, if difficult, listen. Will be binge listening the rest today.

5 stars, would recommend
Feb 2022
7:22am, 25 Feb 2022
706 posts
  •  
Neil_E_There
A few more BBC radio plays have appeared from Limelight feed. Siege was pretty good about a supermarket robbery that goes wrong.
Now 2 episodes into Who Is Aldrich Kemp? where the character of Kennedy Fisher from The Lovecraft Chronicles has just made an appearance.
Feb 2022
9:47am, 25 Feb 2022
17,132 posts
  •  
larkim
BBC seems to be wanting to consolidate podcasts through BBC sounds only, at least for some of them (e.g Friday night comedy) which will be a bit annoying for people like me who use a pod catching app.
Feb 2022
9:52am, 25 Feb 2022
6,746 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
There’s about ten of them which will be on a 28 day delay. I’ll mostly just wait rather than switch to BBC sounds.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Running / non-running etc. Any recommendations?