What podcasts do you listen to?

55 watchers
Jul 2020
9:01pm, 18 Jul 2020
36,751 posts
  •  
Nellers
Is Kermode on Film another podcast Keefy?
Jul 2020
9:25pm, 18 Jul 2020
9,484 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Yep. play.acast.com And because it's not BBC-hosted I can get it on my Garmin 245 Music.
Oct 2020
12:39pm, 12 Oct 2020
1,480 posts
  •  
Love Lettuce
I've just discovered a new-to-me podcast that I thought might interest some other Fetchies: Don't Tell Me the Score bbc.co.uk It's a BBC podcast about what life lessons can be learnt from sport. I've listened to episodes on beliefs with Helen Davies, nutrition with James Collins, and cheating with Ed Warner. There are lots of back episodes featuring both famous athletes and experts (nutirtionists, coaches, psychologists, etc).

Definitely worth a look if you need a new podcast. I think the James Collins episode was the single most sensible and helpful thing I've ever listened to about nutrition.
Oct 2020
6:34pm, 14 Oct 2020
11,351 posts
  •  
B-Lass
The Bomb on the BBC World Series at the moment is awesome!!
Oct 2020
6:55pm, 14 Oct 2020
14,097 posts
  •  
HowFar?
Tommy Tiernan has recently started a weekly podcast with Hector Ó hEochagáin and Laurita Blewitt.

It's just them chatting and telling stories. It's probably not everyone's cup of tea, but it makes me laugh a lot.
Oct 2020
7:44pm, 14 Oct 2020
4,791 posts
  •  
adrianb1066
1. “Neil Oliver’s Love Letter To The British Isles Of all the remarkable places and precious objects Neil’s seen on his travels, he’s chosen 100 that have stuck in his mind. And in classic Neil style, with a mix of warmth, humour, philosophy and a few grey cells, he uses these 100 places to tell the story of how a tiny group of Islands off the North-west coast of Europe came to matter, changing the course of history and exerting a profound and unique influence over the whole world.”
I was never a fan when he was on tv but find this absolutely fascinating. First three episodes have an extremely annoying co-host who heavy breathes and goes aaarrrggghhh a lot but the podcast I found so good I persevered.

2. The Unexplained With Howard Hughes. Diverse range of subjects from UFO’s to Bigfoot, Artificial Intelligence to Poltergeists, Space Exploration to Robotics. Great interviewees and interviewer with huge back catalogue.
Oct 2020
7:45pm, 14 Oct 2020
13 posts
  •  
Pestomum?
(Re) listening to the West Wing Weekly.
Oct 2020
8:54pm, 14 Oct 2020
2,288 posts
  •  
Oranj
Thanks for the tip B-Lass, that's a period of history I did for my O-level history project. It's on Sounds bbc.co.uk
Oct 2020
9:09pm, 14 Oct 2020
1,752 posts
  •  
Paul N
You beat me to it HowFar? love Tommy and Hector's podcast.

For the even harder to offend, the Jeselnik and Rosenthal Vanity Project is back after an extended break. Proceed with caution!
Oct 2020
12:36pm, 19 Oct 2020
14,105 posts
  •  
HowFar?
The only problem with Tommy and Hector is they do tend to trample on Laurita’s stories.

I have only just started listening to the Vanity Project. I’m still not quite sure if I like it or not.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Running / non-running etc. Any recommendations?