What minor disaster has befallen you today?

86 watchers
Aug 2022
1:44pm, 2 Aug 2022
36,410 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Talking of unexpected holes, they were an added hazard when I was trying to get into the boisterous waves yesterday evening. There'd clearly been a lot of hole digging on the beach earlier in the day and they hadn't yet been refilled by the tide. Trying to keep my balance was hard enough without suddenly finding my foot six inches lower than I expected.
Aug 2022
4:03pm, 2 Aug 2022
89,269 posts
  •  
swittle
Talking of unexpected holes, they were an added hazard when I was trying to get into the boisterous waves yesterday evening. There'd clearly been a lot of hole digging on the beach earlier in the day and they hadn't yet been refilled by the tide. Trying to keep my balance was hard enough without suddenly finding my foot six inches lower than I expected.

A very useful tip, LazyDaisy Small sandcastles with moats are tricky to spot at night! :)
Aug 2022
4:05pm, 2 Aug 2022
8,959 posts
  •  
Dooogs
Are we sure a mischievous iron man didn't stick a leg out? :)
Aug 2022
4:22pm, 2 Aug 2022
89,271 posts
  •  
swittle
Are we sure a mischievous iron man didn't stick a leg out?

Dooogs Well, I keep getting spooked when one suddenly shows up in my head torch beam as I look ahead. And it's not as though I'm not aware of them being on the beach. ;)
Aug 2022
1:15pm, 6 Aug 2022
46,047 posts
  •  
DocM
Bought a sandwich at the station, put it down and forgot to pick it up. I'm now on the train and hungry
Aug 2022
7:13pm, 6 Aug 2022
9,468 posts
  •  
Raemond
I just found out there's a lovely looking Wool fair tomorrow, but it's a two and a half hour drive away so it's probably not really feasible.
Aug 2022
4:56pm, 9 Aug 2022
25,742 posts
  •  
Dvorak
I found out that our new vegetable peeler is much sharper than the old one. Unfortunately, I made the discovery by running my finger along the blade to wipe it before use.

On the plus side I only peeled a small amount of skin and it's still attached.
Aug 2022
5:12pm, 9 Aug 2022
36,487 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Not to me but to OH. He very carefully used minimal water to wash all the dust off our car (mainly the windows, covered in dust and sand from bring parked at the seaside for two weeks) and almost as soon as he'd finished Avonline came to grind out a trench in the pavemdnt outside for the new Virgin Media cable. Car is now covered in dust again.
Aug 2022
5:11pm, 11 Aug 2022
21,854 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
Freezer failed last night, but we have had another delivered today, while our son-in-law had the means to keep the contents safe (we think).
Aug 2022
7:05pm, 11 Aug 2022
8,913 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
We’re staying in a rented cottage for a few days and bought a couple of lasagne ready meals to heat up for convenience. We smelt something burning and found that the lasagne tops were burnt to a cinder. Who knew that some ovens have a grill + oven setting!

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...