What have you noticed?

4 watchers
Apr 2020
11:05am, 12 Apr 2020
30,687 posts
  •  
halfpint
I am really enjoying the slower pace of life and feel better for it. I felt really awful (stress/anxiety) in the first week or so but feel great now I’m in a routine during the week.

I’m not seeing a difference in terms of nature, probably because of where we live but people are different. I usually say hello when out walking anyway but I’m finding everyone friendlier. Seeing lots more people as well. Many of them doing things they probably haven’t done for a long time. Lots of wobbly cyclists for example. It’s great.
Apr 2020
11:10am, 12 Apr 2020
26,689 posts
  •  
Dave.O
Increase in fly-tipping on backcountry lanes
More families out exercising
Apr 2020
7:31pm, 13 Apr 2020
12,558 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
We seem to have so many more seagulls, actually woke up to a seagull cry set this morning.. I wonder if they are flying further inland for food

I am Colchester based so almost coastal but still, dont normally hear this many

And did you notice the quiet today?
Apr 2020
8:01pm, 13 Apr 2020
1,750 posts
  •  
JRitchie
- less seagulls here (fish n chip shops are shut).

- working from home I find it harder to run in the evening than the morning, don’t know why, I just can’t get my legs going.
- I don’t need coffee shops.
- drinking a cup of tea outside for a mid morning / afternoon break is really nice.
- my wife and I can’t work in the same room.
Apr 2020
8:56pm, 13 Apr 2020
12,559 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
I run much better in the morning too

We are going to try and work in the same room this week!! Lol. Already noticed that may not quite work!

Notice we all shout on conf calls 😊
Apr 2020
11:32am, 14 Apr 2020
19,476 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Magpies. Lots of families exercising together (or at least out together). More people out on the near country roads and paths (but no more further away). The motorway is much, much quieter. The road outside my house is a little quieter daytime, but has no rush hours. The buses are usually empty of passengers, or have one. (Though a bus just surprised me by passing with around seven human passengers, and a dog.). Sometimes,

a sense of eerieness.
Apr 2020
11:48am, 14 Apr 2020
6,454 posts
  •  
bigleggy
I noticed on Friday that no one was mowing their lawn, presumably they'd already done that earlier in the week !
Apr 2020
11:53am, 14 Apr 2020
12,745 posts
  •  
Ultracat
A lot more people out gardening or fixing something or cleaning their car
Apr 2020
1:00pm, 14 Apr 2020
131 posts
  •  
shyfire
Watched the 100s of geese from nearby field fly overhead on thursday knowing that they were heading north for the summer. No longer hearing their chatter in when it gets dark. The blackbirds are busy building their nest in the hedge. And the pigeons are getting amorous in the back garden. Rather wish I hadn't noticed that.
Apr 2020
10:16pm, 14 Apr 2020
12,560 posts
  •  
FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Noticed today I am just as bad at home for not taking a lunch hour!

New challenge required to build that in from tomorrow

About This Thread

Maintained by FRU (KeepTheFaith)
Had some weird “noticed” things this week, what about you?

These have to be major positives o...