•  
Gymfreak
I got a husband :)
Dec 2016
1:22pm, 9 Dec 2016
31,116 posts
  •  
Nellers
There are only so many times that this community can apologise for these things, Gymfreak.

We truly are sorry.
SPR
Dec 2016
1:33pm, 9 Dec 2016
23,159 posts
  •  
SPR
Lol at Nellers response to Gobi's answer which read like a Fighting Talk 5live answers and should be read from now on while listening to this ;-)

https://youtu.be/1d4C1ZQKmw4
Dec 2016
1:49pm, 9 Dec 2016
24,718 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Jigs heart
Dec 2016
1:49pm, 9 Dec 2016
4,660 posts
  •  
Dai Bank
a place that took an injured cyclist who wanted to run and rekindled his love of cycling and managed to keep him here after 8 and a half years.
And allowed to meet Gobi lol
Feb 2019
4:17pm, 6 Feb 2019
30,373 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Ooh, this was fun to do, back in 2014. Wonder what newer folk would say now? Or older folk would say about new Fetch innovations?

What have the Romans ever done for us? Well, there's the acqueducts...

In Fetch's blog [2014 - NMR was Natmag Rodale, previous owners / overlords, now long gone, since Fetch Independence Day!) he says he has to tell the big boys n gals at NMR what FetchEveryone.com has achieved. Comments on his blog have elicited the following so far:

* Fetch Five

* FERC

* Mick n Phil halfs

* Fetchpoints

* Fetch Wedding Mile

* multiple Fetchie weddings

* spreading the parkrun love

* secret santa thread

* Homer's BIIIG Fetch Mile

* Free Guided Scottish Hill Runs

* Fetch Miles generally

* TBOGUA and depression threads

* Fetchpoint, Conquercise, Betting, Pundit, UTMOST and other games that make us go further and faster

* Fundraising for those in need

* International race support

*an incredible community, spread nationally

* A more up to date list of races than anywhere else!

* great place to log my training and results that I can refer back to and see improvement!

* A forum where posting "welcome to Fetch" and the 100 posts rule for newbies just happened spontaneously, because that's what the community here is like

* My go-to for analysis tools to compare my training for one race with past ones

* pesterers and lazybones concept.

* I bet GH doesn't have Sharktopus like wot the 700 thread has

* A banner I aligned myself to when dithering some years back about this running lark, B.P (Before Parkrun), and well before clubbery.

* (*) (*), Monkey toast, Prague and other Fetch-isms

* Fleecy, CStar

* Nellers running when he didn't fancy it (and his non-beard) - I've summarised a bit mate, hope that's OK

* Running through the Bog of Doom with a bunch of Elvii.

* Meeting all sorts of like minded running mad people!

* Meeting actual, alive other runners who live near you and you can go running with (except the axe-murdering ones).

* a tastefully coloured running shirt (I think that might need a winky ;-) )

* A website we can productively use to fill time at work when we're bored off our ar$es, that isn't blocked by company filters

* I can't imagine being part of any other sort of running community as I'm not really very athletic generally and would feel intimidated. And I tried other ones and gave up.

* It got me to start logging my training, which I could never be arsed to do before, and carry on logging it even after my Garmin died and I didn't replace it.

* The site that recognises *your* best is as valid an achievement as anybody else’s and will be recognised as such, regardless of time, distance or placing.

Keep 'em coming peeps - and if you want an explanation of toast, would be great to revive that thread and story. Tears ran down my face. :-) G
Feb 2019
4:25pm, 6 Feb 2019
21,257 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Pace Bands
FRAD
Joopsy's Dr K Celebration Parkrun
My MA Dissertation.
Feb 2019
5:12pm, 6 Feb 2019
6,318 posts
  •  
Jono.
its actually cheaper and more accessible than therapy
Feb 2019
5:15pm, 6 Feb 2019
10,136 posts
  •  
MazH
Podcasts!
Kit logs
parkrun reviews
Feb 2019
5:21pm, 6 Feb 2019
21,187 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
:-)

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
What have the Romans ever done for us? Well, there's the acqueducts...

In Fetch's blog he says ...