Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

What GPS watch to buy?

2 watchers
Nov 2014
10:56pm, 14 Nov 2014
69 posts
wrxmania
My Garmin 620 is brilliant but for every need the more "basic" Garmin 220 is ideal.
Nov 2014
1:14pm, 15 Nov 2014
2730 posts
Winded
I have a 210 which is pretty good but as said above can be a real pain in the neck to connect. It works though. I also have an 810 and a garmin swim (unnecessary but it's a long story). The swim communicates wirelessly and having lived with 3 systems of connection (210 has a clip thingy with a usb cable, 810 has a mini usb and swim is wireless) - anyway having lived with all 3 I think if I was buying one now I'd go for one with wireless - it is just a better quality of life. I'm not motivated enough to go out an but yet more kit though.

Again to echo posts above DC Rainmaker has loads of in depth reviews.

A while ago when I already had the 210 I got a Bryton bike computer. I enjoyed the experience so much that I got a Garmin 810 instead. Both the usability of the device and the software environmet - the website it defaults to using are so much better that I am pretty solidly a Garmin user. Having said that another fetchie took the Bryton and seems to like it. It did what it said it would do but for me it wasn't fun to use and fun is what I wanted it for.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Hi there - I'm looking to get a GPS watch (fed up with trying to track my progress by craning my ne...