What famouse Person have you beat in a Race?

9 watchers
Apr 2018
4:13pm, 23 Apr 2018
5,945 posts
  •  
Jono.
This morning I ran further than Katie Price did yesterday, a milestone in my running career (source of info Mrs J - I've not looked it up or confirmed it)

So what famous person have you beat in a race?

for the record

I run faster that Steve Coogan and his brother during the inaugural Manchester Marathon - yep, think on that Fetclings.

Oh and I bit Michael Owen's brother during Hell Runner (2008)
Apr 2018
4:19pm, 23 Apr 2018
2,716 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
WW and I beat Nigel Mansell round Silverstone :-)

(the half marathon in 2007 / 08 ish)
Apr 2018
4:20pm, 23 Apr 2018
19,234 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I beat Stuart Lancaster in an aquathlon whilst he was on holiday with his family at Club La Santa. He slowed down to run with one of his kids, and I overtook them both. The fools :-)
Apr 2018
4:21pm, 23 Apr 2018
18,611 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
That's not very nice Jono, biting people is frowned upon.
Apr 2018
4:23pm, 23 Apr 2018
12 posts
  •  
rodeoflip
Nearly everyone beat Katie Price yesterday. While the vast majority had trained for their big day and pushed themselves hard to finish in difficult conditions, she stopped after 15K. Of course, given her apparent desperation for publicity, she was wearing a very unusual costume, which was easy to pick out but still allowed everyone to see her face. All she achieved yesterday was to deny a real runner a place, who might have made more use of it. Perhaps given why she is "famous", a more appropriate costume rmight have been a different pair of body parts?
Apr 2018
4:24pm, 23 Apr 2018
5,947 posts
  •  
Jono.
oh christ yes ped, mind you I'm not shy and if I'd have waited around at the end I may have bit him.

nice one Fizz and I admire Fetch's effort - fancy slowing down for one of your children
Apr 2018
4:25pm, 23 Apr 2018
13 posts
  •  
rodeoflip
As you can tell, I'm not a big fan of "celebrity" runners being given a place who don't even have what it takes to complete the race.
Apr 2018
4:27pm, 23 Apr 2018
5,949 posts
  •  
Jono.
no it is all cobblers rodeoflip - but its best just to laugh about it (amongst ourselves :-))
Apr 2018
4:27pm, 23 Apr 2018
14 posts
  •  
rodeoflip
I overtook Zola Budd last year at the Stirling marathon. Hardly recognised her with her shoes on......
Apr 2018
4:36pm, 23 Apr 2018
4,508 posts
  •  
larkim
Bit harsh on KP there. There are enough non-celebs who get ballot places and DNF, or charity runners who underestimate the challenge and DNF. Hell, two of the 3:15 pacers dropped out before 20km!

There are so few celebs "gifted" places in VMLM they really make no difference to the total numbers running it.

I haven't knowingly beaten anyone famous in a race, but I did dismiss C&B a university colleague who went on to play for Leicestershire's County Championship winning side, and who attained a degree of notoriety by appeaing in Wisden in the team photo with, ahem, his todger on display (not spotted by the photographer or the publisher until too late!) - Matt Brimson was the lad's name.

About This Thread

Maintained by Jono.
This morning I ran further than Katie Price did yesterday, a milestone in my running career (source ...