We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

What does Hill Score mean?

1 watcher
Feb 2019
3:47pm, 3 Feb 2019
First-time poster!!
  •  
  •  
Stevenlatham01
I have mapped a few of my daughters XC runs and have noticed the Hill Score numbers vary quite a lot. Does a low score mean the course is flat and a high score very hilly?

I’m only asking because one of my daughter’s races that everyone gets great power of 10 age grading is actually the highest scoring Hill Score of 450 in a 1.6km race.
Feb 2019
4:02pm, 3 Feb 2019
2862 posts
  •  
  •  
K5 Gus
There was a thread previously asking the same, and some ideas, but nothing definite
fetcheveryone.com/forum__58971__1__hillscorewhat_is_it
Feb 2019
9:15pm, 3 Feb 2019
17180 posts
  •  
  •  
Dvorak
Not that much, but yes higher score is hillier. Looking at scores for my own routes though, I think the calculation has gone bonkers.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Stevenlatham01
I have mapped a few of my daughters XC runs and have noticed the Hill Score numbers vary quite a lot...