What do you expect a new marathon to organise before taking entries?

4 watchers
May 2013
12:22pm, 17 May 2013
980 posts
  •  
Nelly
X-post with Fozzy, definitely keep us informed on that please :-)
May 2013
12:25pm, 17 May 2013
48,494 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
ooh yes
:)

I am REALLY looking forward to York marathon
May 2013
12:26pm, 17 May 2013
4,546 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
The rumour has it that it'll be an Autumn marathon anyway. Certainly won't be this year. Maybe next year.

I think the Jane Tomlinson people would be involved, but that may be rumour. If I hear owt, I'll let you know.
May 2013
12:26pm, 17 May 2013
4,547 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
A leeds marathon may well depend on the success of the York one, especially if it's a Run for All event
May 2013
12:31pm, 17 May 2013
981 posts
  •  
Nelly
I presume if it were to be an Autumn marathon in 2014 and involved Run for All (Jane Tomlinson) it would be instead of York not as well, as to have two marathons in such close proximity (location and date) would seem very strange?
May 2013
2:37pm, 17 May 2013
4,653 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
I did the Leeds 'alf many years ago and some twerp started beeping his horn and trying to pull out of a sode road into the course as a few women ran past. He changes his tune when a gang of male club runners surrounded his car and politely enquired as to the nature of his problem.

*sods off again because she has neither the talent nor commitment to run a full marathon*
May 2013
3:27pm, 17 May 2013
156 posts
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
" A charity fundraising event, as well as a great excuse for you, your family, your pets and all your friends to have a giggle...and raise some much needed funds for a very worthy local charity.. and eat cake, lots of cake! "
May 2013
3:30pm, 17 May 2013
48,498 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
Come back here league freak-yes you do
May 2013
3:51pm, 17 May 2013
3,054 posts
  •  
Pestomum
Apparently they're getting licenses from ARC? I asked them on their Facebook page and they've answered. Mind you, they didn't spell my name right ,-)

LF, yes you have :-) :-)
May 2013
3:55pm, 17 May 2013
4,656 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
At the moment I wouldn't want to try to fit the long run in around family commitments. Undertraining and a bad day at the office is OK over 5k, bad but bearable over a half, but over marathon distance - well there's nowhere to hide is there?

I'd like to one day. When circumstances are right. They're not right just yet.

I am a cynic. If I was looking for a marathon next year I wouldn't be paying for the Huddersfield one just yet. If it goes belly up and the company folds you'd be left way down the list of people when it was wound up. I'd guess they'll have places left for a while.

About This Thread

Maintained by Dooogs
This came to mind when looking at the website for the potential Huddersfield marathon. They’re tak...