What do/would you miss about your job?

20 watchers
Jul 2018
4:50pm, 21 Jul 2018
38,666 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I intend to create contact with people who don't want reams of meaningless metrics/last minute rota changes/extra oxycodone oh and just my diazzies from me.
Nov 2019
2:29pm, 17 Nov 2019
8,073 posts
  •  
Valyrian Plastic
Despite everything that happened to bring me here, there are a lot of things I will miss.

Feeling free to explore a place I love to my heart's content, getting to experience unique and eye-opening events every other week, having an increased sense of independence.

It's also worth remembering that I wouldn't have made it this far if I hadn't at least been passionate about the work I did from the beginning. There were (and still are) people I worked with who I appreciated being in the company of, even if that couldn't always be the case.
Nov 2019
7:37am, 28 Nov 2019
16,079 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
The money and the laughs. I see I posted in 2017 and my list is substantially smaller now :)
Dec 2020
4:19pm, 13 Dec 2020
276 posts
  •  
SteveC amid the winters snow
I struggle to come up with anything, but here's one: I miss the opportunity to wear out clothes I otherwise wouldn't have bought and have no desire to wear now. I know it's a weak one, but that's a reflection of my strength of missing anything.
Dec 2020
4:53pm, 13 Dec 2020
35,102 posts
  •  
Night-owl
Happy to say nothing has changed in 3 years

The money, they pay me

The people work with such lovely people
Dec 2020
4:54pm, 13 Dec 2020
18,944 posts
  •  
🎄FestiveMedals🎄
4 months after leaving, I'm missing nothing. The people I got on best with I am still in touch with and whilst the extra money was great, we are managing fine without it.
Feb 2021
4:34pm, 6 Feb 2021
18,872 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Other than the income I don’t think I will miss anything when the time comes.

Lots of people say they will miss the people and while I have worked with lots of nice people I also have worked with many who I just don’t trust or like.

I also find that when work separates me from people I got on well with it’s usually me that makes the effort to keep in touch.

AnywAy I reckon I still have three years to go at least and am moving into a new role in the next two weeks. Plans are to get my head down and enjoy that as it’s a job I can do well and enjoy and also the people are good.
Oct 2022
8:00am, 11 Oct 2022
23,351 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
26 months on and I really don't miss my job at all. I'm still in touch with the people I enjoyed working with and I'm a bit more careful with spending money, but I have a much better quality of life and am so much happier.
Oct 2022
9:32am, 11 Oct 2022
60,177 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I don't miss anything, even the things I thought I'd miss. I particularly don't miss having to be there instead of nowhere in particular for 6 hours a day and am unwilling to commit a regular chunk of time to anything else at the moment.
Oct 2022
9:37am, 11 Oct 2022
25,447 posts
  •  
Ness
I don't miss anything about my job. I thought I would but I don't. I had ideas to look for some kind of volunteering role but am still enjoying the freedom to do what I want when I want to. Like today. It's my sister's birthday and I have the freedom to take her out for a lunchtime celebration. Couldn't do that when I was teaching.

About This Thread

Maintained by Valyrian Plastic
Other than getting paid, obvs!