BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
What's a good taper for various distances
3:53pm, 17 May 2018
auburnetteSelf explanatory really. I'm only targeting my 5k PB currently but later this year planning to have a go at new PBs for 5 miles, 10k, then next year will be the year of attacking 10 miles and half marathon (and maybe marathon if I am stupid enough to enter another).
What does a good taper look like for shorter distances? And how often can you run all out without it starting to affect your next effort?
Currently quite low mpw but a lot of (short) quality sessions plus weight training three to four times a week. By the end of the week I often feel like I've been hit by a bus which isn't really conducive to smashing my 5k PB at parkrun
About This Thread
Maintained by auburnette
- 2 week or 3 week taper?
- How to taper for 8 and half mile race
- A quick 'Week before a Race' question
- What pace should you run at while you e tapering?
- Is it normal
- Bit of advice please
- marathon in 8 weeks, taper advice
- Tapering with a niggle, advice begged for.
- More taper advice
- Bit of advice on tapering for Sunday's half please