•  
Wintryfree Wonderland
Thanks Sigh, that was fun.
Dec 2022
1:55pm, 25 Dec 2022
26,349 posts
  •  
Dvorak
My mate has escaped Whamhalla, although when I streamed an alternative Christmas channel today, a cover came on. (The third different cover he has heard this year.) I've now checked up on cover versions - according to this list, there are 236 :-o whosampled.com
Dec 2022
4:45pm, 25 Dec 2022
7,245 posts
  •  
1step2far
Thanks Sigh!

I made it. Will try and get involved in the thread a bit earlier next year 🤣🤦‍♂️ (I was playing just hadn't paid much heed to the thread)
Dec 2022
4:49pm, 25 Dec 2022
97,103 posts
  •  
Hanneke
My sister was singing it earlier 😱 She used to be a great Wham fan...
Dec 2022
8:01pm, 25 Dec 2022
7,117 posts
  •  
Good King Pothunter
Well done to all the winners - I hope you’ve listened to it today though!
Dec 2022
9:23pm, 25 Dec 2022
27,638 posts
  •  
Ness
I just heard it tonight. Mr Ness put it on to a playlist deliberately for us to listen to tonight! 🙄😂
Dec 2022
9:04pm, 26 Dec 2022
26,155 posts
  •  
TROSaracen
Thank you Sigh for organising. I will pitch up again next year, Operation Reach 2nd Dec is launched.

I’ve no idea why people who actually like the song play….I wouldn’t voluntarily try and deny myself the chance of hearing a song I liked.
Dec 2022
9:13pm, 26 Dec 2022
35,937 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
Thanks indeed.

Quite pleased with getting through 15 days. Mind you I have only heard it the once. The key seemed to be not listening to Radio 2, and having cricket to listen to and football to watch. Next year will be more difficult.

Peak whamming day was the 10th!

Be vigilant!
Dec 2022
9:39pm, 26 Dec 2022
10,336 posts
  •  
Llamadance
My mate has escaped Whamhalla, although when I streamed an alternative Christmas channel today, a cover came on. (The third different cover he has heard this year.) I've now checked up on cover versions - according to this list, there are 236 whosampled.com
Dec 2022
9:41pm, 26 Dec 2022
10,337 posts
  •  
Llamadance
My mate has escaped Whamhalla, although when I streamed an alternative Christmas channel today, a cover came on. (The third different cover he has heard this year.) I've now checked up on cover versions - according to this list, there are 236 whosampled.com

Dvorak I didn't know that All About Eve had done a cover. I looked through the list and it didn't have the only cover I listened to, which was by Swearing at Motorists.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sigh
GOOGLE SHEET HERE:

docs.google.com

Sheet for 2024 is on the first tab; you update your own entry. As with previous years, we're also tracking the number of repeated 'hits' for those who are out before the end (if you want to).

Who's up for the challenge then? whamageddon.com

"The 1st Rule
The objective is to go as long as possible without hearing WHAM's Christmas classic; "Last Christmas".

The 2nd Rule
The game starts on December 1st, and finishes at the end of December 24th.
Use your local timezone, if you'd like.

The 3rd Rule
Only the original version applies.

The 4th Rule
You're out as soon as you recognise the song.

Player vs Player?
While we can't stop you from deliberately sending your friends to Whamhalla, the intention is that this is a survival game. Not a Battle Royale. So ... don't be a dick, okay?"