WFH Lunchtime Ideas

14 watchers
um
Mar 2021
12:36pm, 12 Mar 2021
4,402 posts
  •  
um
Often for me, heated up leftovers from dinner the night before.
eg - cauliflower cheese, 'tartiflette' (sliced potatoes & diced onion & cheese + heat), curry/bolognaise/chilli/pizza all also good reheated

or - blue cheese salad (mainly iceberg lettuce and spring onions/peppers/cucumber) & crumbled blue cheese & mayo
or - Tescos do flaked mackerel - so salad as above with bits of mackerel instead or cheese. Or smoked salmon when on special offer.
Mar 2021
12:50pm, 12 Mar 2021
10,467 posts
  •  
lammo
I've eaten my lunch, it was perfectly reasonable, but i'm still hungry, and sad.
Mar 2021
12:55pm, 12 Mar 2021
7,769 posts
  •  
Meeps
Not sure if it's been asked but what would you have had for lunch when not wfh EP?
Mar 2021
1:02pm, 12 Mar 2021
20,276 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
We've just had leftover cauliflower cheese from last night's tea. The choices are endless at home compared to when I was in school - I couldn't have any nuts there, so no peanut butter.
Ploughmans - ham, cheese, apple - is quick and tasty
Socca pancakes with stewed fruit

Celery filled with peanut butter mixed with cream cheese
Porridge - I could eat porridge any day any time with different additions eg peanut butter (there's a theme here...), maple syrup, sultanas
Another vote for salad with blue cheese
Mar 2021
1:43pm, 12 Mar 2021
23,976 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Meeps I would have microwave soup of omelette or scrambled egg!
or pop the 1/4m to tesco for something different like hot counter chicken or ham hock (dribbles at the memory) or even a sandwich that's different from a home one
Mar 2021
9:56am, 13 Mar 2021
244 posts
  •  
shyfire
Current favourites, pot of soup made at start of the week can do a few days. Endless varieties. Fruit and yoghurt.

Leftover curry/pastas from day before.

Pitta bread and hummous with some chopped veg crudites (carrots/peppers etc)
Quick Tortilla pizza - 1 wrap topped with red or green pesto and some chopped onions, peppers, tomatoes, maybe some spinach and whatever cheese is in the house (feta is good with green pesto + spinach). In oven for about 12 mins. Variation on same theme toasted wraps in george foreman grill - makes lovely crispy pockets filled with cheese and chorizo.

Or go really old school and get out the breville machine for a toasted sandwich.
Mar 2021
9:58am, 13 Mar 2021
23,980 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I used to love a toasted sarnie in the breville!
Going to get some couscous and mixed beans at Sainsbury’s today
Mar 2021
8:05pm, 13 Mar 2021
14,144 posts
  •  
Ness
Lunch is generally sandwiches here too. I can’t say the lack of variety bothers me too much though. Just vary the sandwich fillings.
jda
Mar 2021
8:11pm, 13 Mar 2021
9,659 posts
  •  
jda
Sandwich, sometimes "grilled cheese" which is actually fried....stupid Americans....great sandwiches, wrong words thobut :-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by EvilPixie
After 12 months of WFH I am bored of my lunch!
I eat during the week what I used to eat when on hol...