West Highland Way race 2016

13 watchers
Jun 2017
11:51am, 23 Jun 2017
8,009 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Not me for the first time since 2010 :-(. Have a great time Duchess and give that Jo Thom a hug and kick up the bum as she leaves KLL on her way to her first goblet. She needs a different ending to the race than last time.
Jun 2017
2:19pm, 23 Jun 2017
26,808 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
See you there Duchess. And at KLL of course. :-) G
Jun 2017
6:19pm, 24 Jun 2017
13,798 posts
  •  
Dvorak
New record of 13 hours 41 minutes 8 seconds set by Rob Sinclair.

That is quite something.
Jun 2017
6:40pm, 24 Jun 2017
7,561 posts
  •  
Duchess
And what that record will never state is that it was done on a day when the wind and rain over the last few legs was as brutal as I've seen in a Scottish summer.

*Currently lying down before heading back for part three of the marshalling shift.
Jun 2017
8:38pm, 24 Jun 2017
8,020 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Absolutely amazing time from Rob. I heard the weather was bad. Did you see my club mate Richard Bannister Duchess? Jo Thom is heading for KLL, she was at Glencoe at 20:00ish
Jun 2017
9:52am, 26 Jun 2017
26,809 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Hi mrs s. Presume you got the update on Richard? Fas start, then a fall (I think) and hence really tough end to his race, but incredibly determined to finish and brought it home in 24:44.

Amazing as always to be involved in this race. Really tough conditions this year 1 or 2C at Glencoe, with 50mph winds, squally showers, wet, cold and very, very hard going. So respect to everyone who started and congratulations to those who finished. Big KJT was my horse and he battled home for a good time, again showing enormous determination.

Brilliant atmosphere, amazing marshalling and support. And huge emotion at the prize giving. Rob Sinclair's new record is just incredible. Well done all. :-) G
Jan 2018
6:00pm, 1 Jan 2018
5,512 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I was messing around with data on pacing ultras. I put the WHW through my spreadsheet too. 76thmile.blogspot.co.uk It might be useful reading (I've never run the WHW by the way)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by STOOSH
Thought it would be nice to start a thread on fetch for this year's race :) :)G can't be doing it...