West Highland Way Race 2012

42 watchers
Jun 2012
1:54pm, 25 Jun 2012
265 posts
  •  
M1nty
Woops confused by technology and bad signal in Glencoe :-)
Jun 2012
2:01pm, 25 Jun 2012
6,588 posts
  •  
Joopsy
Yet another fab weekend that inspires the life out of me. Anybody who thinks they have hit the wall during a marathon needs to go and experience this race and see the pain that people go through.

As gutting as it was to SB pull out it was an unbeliavble experience to see the winner sprint home looking like he was doing a 5k!
Jun 2012
2:15pm, 25 Jun 2012
305 posts
  •  
RedWineRunner
Wow - what an incredible weekend. I don't even know where to start!

HUGE well done to my runner mrsshanksi who showed incredible strength and determination in the darkest of times but for the most part was a smiley cheerful delight to crew for! I was with her from Bridge of Orchy through to Lundavra; coming over the Devil's Staircase in the middle of the night was a wild, beautiful, remarkable experience which will stay with me for a long time. The team at KLL were all wonderful and got us refuelled both physically and mentally, the Wilderness Mountain Rescue guys were beacons of hope in the darker moments of Lairig Mor and the finishline team were all angels;. Endless cups of sugary tea and jammy toast on tap whilst waiting for Vicki to come in were amazing!
Again I come away from an ultra with bunches of new friends and thoraghly convinced that ultrarunners are the best people on the planet. Heading back up the road to Aberdeen now and not looking forward to rejoining the real world but...meh. Looking forward to organising my thoughts into a cohesive blogpost soon - right now it all feels like a bit of a dream really!
Jun 2012
2:18pm, 25 Jun 2012
466 posts
  •  
mags
Well done RWR and the rest of the WHW crew , you are all brilliant to offer your support :)
Jun 2012
3:59pm, 25 Jun 2012
19 posts
  •  
miss_sunshine
Well done to everyone :) I had a great weekend following everyone on twitter, facebook, texts etc and to even start the race in what sounded like terrible weather conditions you all did just great and loving the photos on FB too :) :)
Jun 2012
4:13pm, 25 Jun 2012
3,218 posts
  •  
Lintie
What a fantastic weekend yet again, home and totally knackered. Our runner Johnny Fling was a total pleasure to support and was flying up to Kinlochleven with a smile and a dance all the way through. Well done all my friends on here and sad that some had to pull out :-(
Jun 2012
4:40pm, 25 Jun 2012
1,325 posts
  •  
Duchess
Poor Johnny Fling was getting unmercifully bullied by his support crew from what I saw and heard! But it worked...
Jun 2012
4:48pm, 25 Jun 2012
3,219 posts
  •  
Lintie
He got chips at Kinlochleven so he was happy :)
Jun 2012
5:45pm, 25 Jun 2012
363 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Back home after an incredible, emotional weekend with so many wonderful friends. At some point I'll put it all into words. 95 miles - 31hrs 38mins. Goblet sitting proudly in the living room. Happy, happy days indeed :-) :-) :-)
Jun 2012
5:55pm, 25 Jun 2012
8,119 posts
  •  
_andy
Dave - that's one of the best ever posts on Fetch. Well done hardly does it justice (for the post and the race)

About This Thread

Maintained by santababy
Hello.

Anyone who is thinking about doing this or even the Fling, might be interested in this..