Weirdest hamstring pain

1 watcher
Feb 2014
9:44pm, 3 Feb 2014
4,130 posts
  •  
Cuddy
Sorry to abuse the threads and lovely Fetchies for a silly little question but this is really starting to bug me now.

For about a week my left hamstring and side of the butt have started stiffening up during running and I start losing range of motion. I've taken lots of time to stretch as always, added tennis ball, etc but it seems to be getting worse. Tonight I did a bit of foam rolling and the weirdest thing happened - rolling on the upper part of the hamstring flips a sharp pain to my quad! I've heard of pain radiating down/up the leg but never to the opposite muscle group.

Any ideas are welcome. I'll continue to stretch, heat, etc and find myself a sports massage shortly.
Mar 2014
5:59pm, 27 Mar 2014
302 posts
  •  
becky f
ive no answer to your question but I get a similar thing when using the foam roller im suffering with a pain in my quad which wont go with rest stretch foam roller etc and when I use the foam roller on my quad it is fine but when I use it on my hamstring I get the pain in my quad

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Cuddy
Sorry to abuse the threads and lovely Fetchies for a silly little question but this is really starti...