Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Weirdest hamstring pain

1 watcher
Feb 2014
9:44pm, 3 Feb 2014
4130 posts
Cuddy
Sorry to abuse the threads and lovely Fetchies for a silly little question but this is really starting to bug me now.

For about a week my left hamstring and side of the butt have started stiffening up during running and I start losing range of motion. I've taken lots of time to stretch as always, added tennis ball, etc but it seems to be getting worse. Tonight I did a bit of foam rolling and the weirdest thing happened - rolling on the upper part of the hamstring flips a sharp pain to my quad! I've heard of pain radiating down/up the leg but never to the opposite muscle group.

Any ideas are welcome. I'll continue to stretch, heat, etc and find myself a sports massage shortly.
Mar 2014
5:59pm, 27 Mar 2014
302 posts
becky f
ive no answer to your question but I get a similar thing when using the foam roller im suffering with a pain in my quad which wont go with rest stretch foam roller etc and when I use the foam roller on my quad it is fine but when I use it on my hamstring I get the pain in my quad

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Cuddy
Sorry to abuse the threads and lovely Fetchies for a silly little question but this is really starti...