Weird quad spasm/weakness thing
12:19pm, 18 Oct 2012
AndrewSI have been having this weird problem the last day or so and can't figure out what it is.
In my quad, just above my right knee I get a twinge when I extend my leg and ocassionally it goes weak and my leg gives way.
I wouldn't even call it a pain, more of a 'twang' when I put weight on that leg.
I can walk around ok, but every know and then it goes again.
It is stopping me from going for a run today, so I am a bit pissed off with it.
anyone have similar experiences?
10:35am, 1 Nov 2012
conwildI have recently started getting the occasional sharp pain in my right quad. Sometimes comes on for a few seconds when I'm just sitting down. Hasn't stopped my running yet though...
6:30pm, 1 Nov 2012
AndrewSI have actually now discovered that it is quad tendonitis, with a touch of ITBS thrown in too.
Nearly back to normal now, so might risk a run soon.
About This Thread
- Thigh Pain
- Quad / thigh went ping this morning
- Inner Thigh Strength - Affect on Stride Length?
- Tibia Stress Fracture diagnosed now consultant has changed his mind..... Is there a doctor in the house?
- Pain down left leg. Why?
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy (ESWT)
- Weekly mileage after 10 weeks off running due to injury
- Nagging doubt that a tibial stress fracture might be developing - GP or Physio?
- starting back
- Lovely Loose Legs aka the Sports Massage Thread
Track Your Exercise Reps
Press ups, sit ups, dips, squats - track it all here
The Ultra League
See the longest runs, rides, swims and walks from any given year on Fetcheveryone
Use your credits to buy and sell runners to make a profit. And 14 Fetch Virtual Badges up for grabs. Just for fun!
Are you doing the right training?
See typical mileage, pace and long run stats for every distance and goal. See a comparison with your own training.