We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

Weird quad spasm/weakness thing

1 watcher
Oct 2012
12:19pm, 18 Oct 2012
317 posts
  •  
  •  
AndrewS
I have been having this weird problem the last day or so and can't figure out what it is.
In my quad, just above my right knee I get a twinge when I extend my leg and ocassionally it goes weak and my leg gives way.
I wouldn't even call it a pain, more of a 'twang' when I put weight on that leg.
I can walk around ok, but every know and then it goes again.

It is stopping me from going for a run today, so I am a bit pissed off with it.
anyone have similar experiences?
Nov 2012
10:35am, 1 Nov 2012
2 posts
  •  
  •  
conwild
I have recently started getting the occasional sharp pain in my right quad. Sometimes comes on for a few seconds when I'm just sitting down. Hasn't stopped my running yet though...
Nov 2012
6:30pm, 1 Nov 2012
328 posts
  •  
  •  
AndrewS
I have actually now discovered that it is quad tendonitis, with a touch of ITBS thrown in too.
Nearly back to normal now, so might risk a run soon.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I have been having this weird problem the last day or so and can't figure out what it is.
In my qu...

Fetch Limited Edition Buffs

Order now for immediate dispatch! Our elves are standing by!

The Fetch Book Store

With your help, we're building a collection of all your favourite running, biking, swimming and walking books.

Annual Training mileage

Take a look at our annual training mileage table to find out how your training volume compares for running, cycling, swimming and walking. Filter by age and gender too.

The Breakfast Club!

Where's your favourite place to refuel your face after a run, or midway through a ride? Add your favourite cafes, cake shops and bakeries to our Points Of Interest map