BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
10:29am, 9 Jan 2019
RunningRonnieIs it worth doing weight training sporadically? I've always thought that it's only really worth doing it if you are doing it regularly; two to three times per week in order to benefit. When you go occasionally, it's sore and hard. I've therefore found myself avoiding it until I feel like I can commit.
Is there actually a benefit to each session though, even if it is the odd one in ages? Obviously regular is better.
For info, my resistance training of choice is body pump classes and I do plan to start going regularly again.
12:40pm, 9 Jan 2019
PenWI get benefit from weight training/ strength work once a week. I think less than that and I wouldn’t see the same kind of benefit.
About This Thread
Maintained by RunningRonnie
- Very dumb question. My training plan says Stretches and Weights. I don't know what to do for that.
- Weight training -why so sore?
- Weight training for numpties
- Weight training
- Weight lifting before or after running?
- advice on weights in gym to train for marathon next year
- Ladies Who Lift...
- General Fitness - weights, gyms, cross-fit etc (and a challenge)
- Deadlifts, am I doing them wrong?
- The Sub 3:15 Marathon Thread