BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Weight Training

1 watcher
Jan 2019
10:29am, 9 Jan 2019
1479 posts
RunningRonnie
Is it worth doing weight training sporadically? I've always thought that it's only really worth doing it if you are doing it regularly; two to three times per week in order to benefit. When you go occasionally, it's sore and hard. I've therefore found myself avoiding it until I feel like I can commit.

Is there actually a benefit to each session though, even if it is the odd one in ages? Obviously regular is better.

For info, my resistance training of choice is body pump classes and I do plan to start going regularly again.
Jan 2019
12:40pm, 9 Jan 2019
1681 posts
PenW
I get benefit from weight training/ strength work once a week. I think less than that and I wouldn’t see the same kind of benefit.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by RunningRonnie
Is it worth doing weight training sporadically? I've always thought that it's only really ...

Close